Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

Traded in my 2011 fz8 this past week and purchased an fz09 in the graphite color! Couldn't be happier :D! But already missing a few of the things i had on the fz8, especially the exhaust. I've been doing some research on both slip on and full exhausts. kind of hard to tell how the exhaust sound from videos so if anyone can have some input on what i should do i would appreciate it!

Kyle

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I too love the sound & tone of an aftermarket exhaust. But I'd wait a few week & Ride your New FZ-09

It's pretty Sweet Sounding right out of the Box. Ride it awhile and judge for yourself.:icon_thumright:

Reactions: motoFZ9

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have put almost 200 miles on it but its too quiet for me, used to hearing my two brothers everyday haha.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome, to the addiction, and as Steve101 is sayin, wait a few weeks, ride it out, and good job on picking the colour:)

·
Registered
227 Posts
I think the titanium akrapovic is perfect. Sounds awesome yet im not afraid to piss off the neighbors with it. It crackles and pops on decel like any race bike should :) downside is its not cheap...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,752 Posts
I think the titanium akrapovic is perfect. Sounds awesome yet im not afraid to piss off the neighbors with it. It crackles and pops on decel like any race bike should :) downside is its not cheap...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope by the smiley inserted after the crackles and pops comment that you are kidding.......right?

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Welcome in the house Mate. There's plenty of exhaust option out there. I really enjoy mine (Marthy Delkevic CF)

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
It crackles and pops on decel like any badly tuned or improperly modified bike does ...
I fixed that for you...:)

OP, I have the M4 slip on.....its relatively cheap and sounds great.....but sound is subjective, so its best if you can hear the systems in person before you make a decision.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts