Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new fz09 owner in Columbus. Previous bikes were ninja 250, scooter, and a Virago.
Big honkin difference! Kept lingering around the fZ09/07 in dealerships, googled/youtubed like crazy the next month. Wanted to wait for 2016 model, saw the new paint but i fell in love with the matte grey, bought saturday, they overnighted the recall piece from another dealer(" yeah i know about that recall, gimme gimme!") brought home yesterday. Fun bike, gotta watch throttle though, man

·
Registered
551 Posts
Congrats Rusty and welcome. =)

Reactions: Rusty Shackleford

·
Registered
70 Posts
Welcome! I am in Columbus as well. Message me if you want!

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Welcome and congratulations. Matte gray here as well. Great choice. Have fun and beware of surprise wheelies, especially in first!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Welcome and congrats Rusty. I came from a GS500 so yes, easy on the throttle...even though I was smiling ear to ear on the way home from the dealer.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi, new fz09 owner in Columbus. Previous bikes were ninja 250, scooter, and a Virago.
Big honkin difference! Kept lingering around the fZ09/07 in dealerships, googled/youtubed like crazy the next month. Wanted to wait for 2016 model, saw the new paint but i fell in love with the matte grey, bought saturday, they overnighted the recall piece from another dealer(" yeah i know about that recall, gimme gimme!") brought home yesterday. Fun bike, gotta watch throttle though, man
Also I love the name haha! Good ol Rusty Shackleford!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Welcome and congrats Rusty. I came from a GS500 so yes, easy on the throttle...even though I was smiling ear to ear on the way home from the dealer.
Funny I'll always remember my first ride home on it...it was cold and my face was frozen in a smile. Welcome Rusty!

Reactions: RickyNY

·
Registered
30 Posts
shelby ohio here. You made quite a leap Rusty! The FZ-09 is a awesome bike, but be very careful, that abrupt power will get you in trouble fast. Start out easy, I highly recommend "B" mode until you get a good feel for it. If you have problems adjusting to the instant on/off power delivery I found that the O2 controller from Kevtx made a big difference for me. Best money I've spent to far...
You ever do bike nights at the Lube at polaris?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Welcome aboard Rusty! Love the name! I used to watch that show every chance I got! I'm new to the bike and forum too, and also have the Matte Grey. It's bada$$ looking!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Welcome Rusty! I'm just south of you in the Morrow/Maineville area, not far from Kings Island.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mxnut, Quaker steak a few times, many (many!) moons ago on ninja. Afraid no bike nights in the foreseable future, two small munchkins at home. Early morning rides for me. Thanks all for the welcome!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts