Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Jon here, bought my orange 09 Saturday and I pick her up this evening! Supposed to be 67F and sunny today, excited isn't quite the word for it.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Alloy wheel

Terrible photo I know, but I'm sure that won't be the last!

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
"exited" probably ISN'T the word......j/k with ya. Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike this evening.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
yee haw...you better clear your schedule for the next couple weeks, your new ride is going to take precedence over everything else in your life.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Also, NICE goddamn car in the background!

"I don't always like classic cars, but when I do, they are stingrays!"

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome and congrats. How far do you have to go for twisties?
There are a few really nice roads around here, but are a little more crowded then I like most of the time, still fun though. The Blue Ridge Mountains are only about an hour and half away, some very nice roads up there, and not a bad ride to get there if you go the back way and stay of the interstate.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome! Whereabouts in VA are you? I'm in Roanoke and am always down for a day trip if you need a fellow FZ-09 owner to ride with.
I'm just outside of Richmond. I used to have family in Roanoke actually, good little ride out that way. May have to meet up one of these days!

·
Registered
87 Posts
SW VA is the place to go! I want to head down to Breaks interstate park sometime this season and also a Blue Ridge turnpike ride down to NC to ride around Smoky mountains area this summer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
SW VA is the place to go! I want to head down to Breaks interstate park sometime this season and also a Blue Ridge turnpike ride down to NC to ride around Smoky mountains area this summer.
Woah, you know about the Breaks?! Fantastic riding there. The coal mining industry keeps the tax money rolling in so the municipalities are obliged to pave the roads beautifully. Tons of state roads making ribbons of asphalt through deep woods and rural country scenes.
You're right about SW VA, even nearer to the bright city lights of Roanoke :rolleyes: you can find great roads.

I'm just outside of Richmond. I used to have family in Roanoke actually, good little ride out that way. May have to meet up one of these days!
My lady friend's family is up there. Maybe on my way up there we might get a chance to ride.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I live near Appomattox, normally ride the back roads from hot springs down to roanoke, also ride the ridge when temps are to high for the valleys.
I'd like to meet other fz09 riders, give me a shout
H

·
Registered
207 Posts
That's me I'm in S.W.VA take a look at the member map in the forum header. Also below you'll find the county I live in (Smyth) is very bike friendly. They have to be, riders = tourist dollars.

http://visitvirginiamountains.com/trail-maps.html

·
Registered
33 Posts
The bike is staying in Rixeyville,just N of Culpeper,I,m down there almost every weekend. It,s a nice 120 mile ride down from Balto on the FJR. Jeff

1 - 20 of 20 Posts