Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Proud new owner of a '15 in Cadmium Yellow. (I think cadmium is also what the stock seat must be made of.)
My last sport bike was an '02 Honda CBR954. Most recently, and currently riding, an '06 Harley Sportster 1200 Custom. When I first got the FZ, it reminded me more of my old Suzuki DRZ400 than the CBR. The FZ is turning out to be a fantastic, lightweight, flickable little monkey of a bike.
Mostly like the ergos for comfort, as I'm getting less pliable with age. Just doesn't feel like I'm as at one with the bike, due to the higher and closer bars, which forgoes mass centralization, especially noticeable in turns. Worth the tradeoff, IMO, as I probably won't go on the track.
Glad to be aboard and happy trails!
— John (Paso1000)

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Welcome to the club. Where from in the central coast?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the club. Where from in the central coast?
Thanks! Atascadero, in San Luis Obispo County. Fantastic roads up here. Not to mention Highway 1. If anybody is local or comes into town, hit me up for a ride.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new FZ.........Even though I've got a Rapid Red (I do love that color), I really like the Yellow on the 2015 FZ's also. Nice choice.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Welcome and congratulations Paso. Great riding area for a great bike. Nice color!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Proud new owner of a '15 in Cadmium Yellow. (I think cadmium is also what the stock seat must be made of.)
My last sport bike was an '02 Honda CBR954. Most recently, and currently riding, an '06 Harley Sportster 1200 Custom. When I first got the FZ, it reminded me more of my old Suzuki DRZ400 than the CBR. The FZ is turning out to be a fantastic, lightweight, flickable little monkey of a bike.
Mostly like the ergos for comfort, as I'm getting less pliable with age. Just doesn't feel like I'm as at one with the bike, due to the higher and closer bars, which forgoes mass centralization, especially noticeable in turns. Worth the tradeoff, IMO, as I probably won't go on the track.
Glad to be aboard and happy trails!
— John (Paso1000)
Welcome aboard Paso man. I think we have a lot in common. I especially like your comment "I'm getting less pliable with age."

Boy do I resemble that remark. Sold all my surf boards a couple of years ago due to that. But I can still ride!

On the bike is the only place I feel "normal" these days.

I like in Goleta. We should hook up for a ride some time.

Cheers.:cool:

·
Registered
654 Posts
welcome to the bard and congrats on the bike

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Thanks! Atascadero, in San Luis Obispo County. Fantastic roads up here. Not to mention Highway 1. If anybody is local or comes into town, hit me up for a ride.
Ah ok. I've been there before with my previous company. We did the micro piles for the city hall seismic upgrades/renovations. Good burger place down the way on the corner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts