Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Fate has brought me to my new Rapid Red FZ-09. I've been looking at this bike for a while, but decided to wait on the purchase for multiple reasons. Yesterday I went to the local powersports shop to pick up a work vehicle that was being repaired. They started a 2-day unadvertised going out of business sale the day before. This bike was sitting on the showroom floor, untouched, never ridden, ready to go back to the distributor. I had six hours until they closed their doors and crated up all inventory. I hit the "go" button and picked it up three hours later. They let me have it for about a grand under retail (~$7000). Couldn't have been happier. It's a bit more powerful that my current commuter (Suzuki DR650), but it's a blast. It's sitting in my garage with exactly 0 (zero) miles even though I've ridden it a little. Can't wait to get it broken in and learn how to ride a more powerful bike.

Anyone else from south Georgia (Valdosta/Hahira/Tifton)?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I live in a small town, so the laws of supply of demand don't move prices much around here. They just wanted to empty the showroom floor. In fact, this was the only FZ-09 this small dealership was able to get since the bike debuted.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am nothing if not a sarcastic blowhard. Flail away, it's only electrons.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts