Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Fate has brought me to my new Rapid Red FZ-09. I've been looking at this bike for a while, but decided to wait on the purchase for multiple reasons. Yesterday I went to the local powersports shop to pick up a work vehicle that was being repaired. They started a 2-day unadvertised going out of business sale the day before. This bike was sitting on the showroom floor, untouched, never ridden, ready to go back to the distributor. I had six hours until they closed their doors and crated up all inventory. I hit the "go" button and picked it up three hours later. They let me have it for about a grand under retail (~$7000). Couldn't have been happier. It's a bit more powerful that my current commuter (Suzuki DR650), but it's a blast. It's sitting in my garage with exactly 0 (zero) miles even though I've ridden it a little. Can't wait to get it broken in and learn how to ride a more powerful bike.

Anyone else from south Georgia (Valdosta/Hahira/Tifton)?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Wow, congrats! Welcome to the board. I paid almost $9500 for mine out the door, so I pretty much hate you

·
Registered
151 Posts
Wow, congrats! Welcome to the board. I paid almost $9500 for mine out the door, so I pretty much hate you
me too lehigh, I'm closer to 10K! but that is what supply and demand does around here; I was happy to pay rather than wait for the market to be flooded with a second gen or something like that.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome. I live in a small town, so the laws of supply of demand don't move prices much around here. They just wanted to empty the showroom floor. In fact, this was the only FZ-09 this small dealership was able to get since the bike debuted.

·
Super Moderator
5,626 Posts
Welcome Tiny..........and congrats on the new bike. I'm going to do something here that rarely happens with a new member.....No, I'm not banning you, I'm not suggesting that you become the next board moderator........

I'm nominating you for the UNDER-STATEMENT OF THE YEAR AWARD...............

Tinygiant wrote:
It's a bit more powerful that my current commuter (Suzuki DR650)
That sir, Is by far one of the potential quote of the year candidates!

Hope you know I'm just messin' with ya............congrats on the new bike for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts