Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! My name is Roland and I've had my FZ09 for almost a month now. Been riding a 2007 R1 before that and needed a weekday commute warrior. I must say I am very impressed with this bike. I even enjoy it over my R1. Looking foward to seeing what this forum is all about. So far its all stock. I just replaced those god awful turn signals and waiting for my eliminator to come in. Future purchases is that Titanium Akro Exhaust and some suspension mods being that this is too soft for my fat ass. Looking forward to have some epic convos here.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If I can help let me know. I have Traxxion Dynamics front end and Penske out back set up to haul around my 230lb butt.

Reactions: ZoominFZ09

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
if u dont mind me asking, how much did that setup cost u? I too am 230 lbs.
My forks and shock are the prototypes for both Penske and Traxxion so I did not pay full price.

I believe the full retail on the front end replacing everything inside the forks and new fork caps to give you adjustable rebound and compression is about $1200.

Dan at Traxxion has offered some great discounts to forum members so I suggest contacting him directly.

Dan also offered deals on the Penske rear shocks. I have the double clicker and I think the retail is around $800. The lesser shock without the reservoir is about $650. The triple clicker with adjustable high speed compression is about $1000.

Again, these are my recollection of the full retail prices and I am pretty sure Dan will discount that. You can also save $ by installing all the parts in the forks yourself and/or not replacing the fork caps and going to a non-adjustable compression damping.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Is that the matte gray for 2015? Did it have those decals on the side scoops already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts