Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting to get a new bike for sometime. I have had a few bikes over the past few years.

91 GS500
94 GS500
81 CB750
84 GS450
80s Magna 700
84 Magna 500
80s Magna 750

It has been over two years since I was last on a bike I owned. Most the bikes mentioned have been ones me and my father would purchase and flip. Not for profit but as a bonding experience. I have wanted a good bike that I could use as a commuter and for rides into the North GA Mountains at times. I have been wanting to get an SV650 for the longest time, but the Gladius replacement never really caught my attention like the SV did. Then last year I noticed this awesome FZ-09 coming out and was very intrigued, then this year's FZ-07 hit sweet spot. I was looking to pick up an FZ-07 because of better gas mileage, how it was described as small fun beast, with suspension that is capable for what the motor can put out.

Fast forward to this past Saturday, I was at the dealership and he had an Orange 2014 FZ-09 that he was willing to sell me at a nice rate. Well I picked it up for not much more than a FZ-07 and the orange really is amazing.

So I have enjoyed being on the bike, and I know my personal limits and will slowly be pushing them as time goes on and I get more comfortable with the bike. But right now I am working on getting the engine broken in per the manual and just commuting to work.

I have already ordered a new helmet (HJC RPHA 10 Buzzsaw) In a metallic orange that should match the orange of the bike very nicely. As well as a Graves Fender Elminator kit.

A few plans are in the works for the bike.

1) paint the front fender to match the Orange of the tank, as well as matching stripes
2) get a chin spoiler and pain it to match the Orange
3) full exhaust (thinking Graves or Akra)
4) Emissions Block Off Plates
5) EJK vs PCV vs ECU Flash (recommendations?) to handle the intake and exhaust changes
6) Small sport fairing
7) Mirrors with integrated blinkers

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Welcome to the MACHINE!
Once saw an orange one in the sun...yip...purdy. Nice color.
Great bike. Great price.
Hope to see u out there...perhaps at the 2015 FZ Rally in NC...slated for June.
Cheers!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hey there! I just picked mine up on the 12th! 2014 orange aswell

I got mine from Mountain motorsports in conyers, mind if I ask what you paid OTD? I ended up at about 8300.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey there! I just picked mine up on the 12th! 2014 orange aswell

I got mine from Mountain motorsports in conyers, mind if I ask what you paid OTD? I ended up at about 8300.
I picked mine up from Fayetteville, $8500 OTD

·
Registered
202 Posts
I picked mine up from Fayetteville, $8500 OTD
Nice! From the looks of it, we both got great deals considering what others paid. Very cool

·
Registered
654 Posts
Welcome to the board and congrats on the bike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts