Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put some money down on a liquid gray one sign the paper work on Tuesday.About 3 weeks ago I was at the IMS at the convention center in Seattle.I wasn't really looking to buy until I saw that bad ass liquid gray bike and told the wife I gotta have it for that price.Can't wait to ride it. :cool:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You made the right choice as long as you are not a first time rider. To save time, Search the forum as many subjects has already been talked about. Winter is winding down so you will be getting in time for spring, Yahoo.

Reactions: rtsb

·
Registered
671 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You made the right choice as long as you are not a first time rider. To save time, Search the forum as many subjects has already been talked about. Winter is winding down so you will be getting in time for spring, Yahoo.
I never understood why a new members questions can't be answered. It 'a not like there is a magical limit to the number of topics on the interweb.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Welcome to the forum, congrats on the bike, keep us up to date. From your avatar photo I guess you are east of the Cascades?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ha Ha no I live on the west side I took that off of some website till I get mine.

Reactions: v2Bob

·
Registered
584 Posts
I never understood why a new members questions can't be answered. It 'a not like there is a magical limit to the number of topics on the interweb.
FJRider, I don't get why you quoted me. Did I crossed some line of forum decorum in your opinion? Other than my friendly welcome to rtsb, the comment
about searching was to save the new owner/member "some time" but also save him from (not mentioned) the all too often dreaded " that's
been covered before" post. (so in that since I think you and I agree, I think it makes new members feel bad ).

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys it's okay it's not my first rodeo on these kind of forums I know the rules and little hidden things that go with it.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Welcome!

This bike is well worth the money, you'll have a blast!

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Not just new members, but everyone's questions should be answered if possible. The point that billnoroville was trying to make is to do some searching before asking questions that may have been answered a million times before.....you know......like........what's the best oil to use in my motorcycle..........what's the best tires for my bike......etc.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
What is the best oil to use?

Hahahaa... kidding kidding relax! :)
I like the extra virgin olive oil myself! Oh wait, that's only good for two stroke engines......stick with the 90wt. gear oil

And BTW.......welcome to the forum RTSB and congrats on getting a new FZ09.....I'm a thinkin' you're going to be in love.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I wasn't really looking to buy until I saw that bad ass liquid gray bike and told the wife I gotta have it for that price.
This is great. Yes, sometimes you just gotta have it. The FZ-09 is definitely in that category.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Good thing you bought the fastest color! Welcome and ride safe!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Hey guys it's okay it's not my first rodeo on these kind of forums I know the rules and little hidden things that go with it.
Rodeo... I love it.

Welcome aboard. I got a red one a week and a half ago. The sky in Socal this morning looks like the great Northwest. We have gotten 4 and a half inches of rain since Wednesday. Can't complain though as we desperately need it.

You are gonna love your new ride. It's a torque and wheelie monster. Like riding a big dirt bike with gobs of power.

Ride Safe.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I like the extra virgin olive oil myself! Oh wait, that's only good for two stroke engines......stick with the 90wt. gear oil

And BTW.......welcome to the forum RTSB and congrats on getting a new FZ09.....I'm a thinkin' you're going to be in love.
I fell in love with that bike the first glance I got of it ha ha.;)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rodeo... I love it.

Welcome aboard. I got a red one a week and a half ago. The sky in Socal this morning looks like the great Northwest. We have gotten 4 and a half inches of rain since Wednesday. Can't complain though as we desperately need it.

You are gonna love your new ride. It's a torque and wheelie monster. Like riding a big dirt bike with gobs of power.

Ride Safe.
Ya you guys are getting our rain ha ha.I used to race dirt bikes for a bit but mostly just rode as a blocker for my buddy that used to race pro to practice on using me for a berm ha ha.I knew soon as I sat on it that it felt like my ole CR 250 Honda.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Welcome! This is a great community with many helpful members, be a positive and helpful one yourself and you will love it here!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Welcome! This is a great community with many helpful members, be a positive and helpful one yourself and you will love it here!
Yep I'm not one to to get up all in your face on forums.These forums are a good tool for how to shape your bike the way you want it.Every one has and opinion the thing people forget on forums is if you post it remember you gotta take it either good or bad.It's just and opinion it's not personal :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts