Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago, I was at the dealer getting a battery for my old '93 Yamaha XJ600 and I couldn't resist. I saw the yellow and just had to pull the trigger.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Yellow
My wife and I both have been riding our first bikes, a '92 and a '93 xj600 in Aurora, Colorado. I was ready for an upgrade.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Automotive tire

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Beautiful Bike in Yellow. Better looking than the three 2014 colors, but undoubedly not as Fast as the Rapid Red.:cool:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
If yellow had been available when I bought mine I probably would have chosen it, but I don't think my Liquid Graphite looks bad.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Howdy neighbor. The wife had a 96 Seca 2. I was riding a 97 Bandit 1200 at the time. Good times. I got a 14 Liquid Graphite in April and the wife got a leftover 13 Gixxer 750. She loves the plastic covered supersports. She moved up to a ZX9R after the Seca, but that's another story. Congrats on your purchase, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do, it is a fantastic machine.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Congrats on the new 09, hopefully you can get some riding in before you get too much snow.... I know, the (S) word.

I am kind of surprised Yamaha did not add the classic black checker stripe.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Motorcycle
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Motorcycle fairing
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Howdy neighbor. The wife had a 96 Seca 2. I was riding a 97 Bandit 1200 at the time. Good times. I got a 14 Liquid Graphite in April and the wife got a leftover 13 Gixxer 750. She loves the plastic covered supersports. She moved up to a ZX9R after the Seca, but that's another story. Congrats on your purchase, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do, it is a fantastic machine.
Awesome, those seca's were great machines, we love ours, perfect beginner platform, fun to work on too. Now my wife wants to upgrade to a white FZ-07. Anyone interested in buying a Red 1992 Seca II? All original... ;)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think the graphic stripe will look good on the RED as well as the Yellow. Not too sure about the Orange, it would look good but not "Retro" I don't think.
If a "retro" stripe becomes available I would certainly put it on my red bike. It is worth 10 Hp I am told.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is this correct, you are moving from carburetor/air cooled to fuel injection/water cooled bike? In Colorado that has to be a huge upgrade.
Chup, going from a machine not much more advanced than my lawnmower, to something that hums, clicks, buzzes, and whines. Those 4 carbs were kind of a bitch to sync too. Instead of turning a few screws for adjustments, I'll need to flash... wierd.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Is this correct, you are moving from carburetor/air cooled to fuel injection/water cooled bike? In Colorado that has to be a huge upgrade.
It is huge above 9000ft, I can tell you that.

I do like the yellow, but I like my Orange better. I like it so much, I hope they never go back to it. :cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Yellow is very nice, good luck with it. I was surprised that Yamaha didn't come out with the Yellow in their first batch of FZ 07 or 09's. I don't know if I would have gone with it instead of my red. I am so use to seeing my Red bike every time I go in my garage, it always brings a smile to me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts