Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago, I was at the dealer getting a battery for my old '93 Yamaha XJ600 and I couldn't resist. I saw the yellow and just had to pull the trigger.
IMG_20141011_152310_548.jpg
My wife and I both have been riding our first bikes, a '92 and a '93 xj600 in Aurora, Colorado. I was ready for an upgrade.
IMG_20141011_195023_507.jpg

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Beautiful Bike in Yellow. Better looking than the three 2014 colors, but undoubedly not as Fast as the Rapid Red.:cool:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
If yellow had been available when I bought mine I probably would have chosen it, but I don't think my Liquid Graphite looks bad.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Howdy neighbor. The wife had a 96 Seca 2. I was riding a 97 Bandit 1200 at the time. Good times. I got a 14 Liquid Graphite in April and the wife got a leftover 13 Gixxer 750. She loves the plastic covered supersports. She moved up to a ZX9R after the Seca, but that's another story. Congrats on your purchase, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do, it is a fantastic machine.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Congrats on the new 09, hopefully you can get some riding in before you get too much snow.... I know, the (S) word.

I am kind of surprised Yamaha did not add the classic black checker stripe.

1979-Yamaha-RD400-Yellow-0.jpg
yellow_yamaha_r25_250_960x600_wide.jpg
Yamaha75-650Scott-Pickett-yellow.jpg

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Howdy neighbor. The wife had a 96 Seca 2. I was riding a 97 Bandit 1200 at the time. Good times. I got a 14 Liquid Graphite in April and the wife got a leftover 13 Gixxer 750. She loves the plastic covered supersports. She moved up to a ZX9R after the Seca, but that's another story. Congrats on your purchase, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do, it is a fantastic machine.
Awesome, those seca's were great machines, we love ours, perfect beginner platform, fun to work on too. Now my wife wants to upgrade to a white FZ-07. Anyone interested in buying a Red 1992 Seca II? All original... ;)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think the graphic stripe will look good on the RED as well as the Yellow. Not too sure about the Orange, it would look good but not "Retro" I don't think.
If a "retro" stripe becomes available I would certainly put it on my red bike. It is worth 10 Hp I am told.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is this correct, you are moving from carburetor/air cooled to fuel injection/water cooled bike? In Colorado that has to be a huge upgrade.
Chup, going from a machine not much more advanced than my lawnmower, to something that hums, clicks, buzzes, and whines. Those 4 carbs were kind of a bitch to sync too. Instead of turning a few screws for adjustments, I'll need to flash... wierd.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Is this correct, you are moving from carburetor/air cooled to fuel injection/water cooled bike? In Colorado that has to be a huge upgrade.
It is huge above 9000ft, I can tell you that.

I do like the yellow, but I like my Orange better. I like it so much, I hope they never go back to it. :cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Yellow is very nice, good luck with it. I was surprised that Yamaha didn't come out with the Yellow in their first batch of FZ 07 or 09's. I don't know if I would have gone with it instead of my red. I am so use to seeing my Red bike every time I go in my garage, it always brings a smile to me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts