Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Everyone on the forum has access to Craig's list and Ebay and more. It is interesting they don't quote prices in their ads. Some actually say taking deposits ( I fell for that one).

I had a deposit at a Craig's list dealer but also at a local dealer (25 miles from my home) for 2 months. Craig's list dealer as I found out later was over 9960.00 OTD so that is why I went local (9k). As of last Saturday they have yet to get even one. I am so glad I gave up waiting after 2 months and just called every dealer within 150 miles.

Call it timing, call it luck but I had one the very next day and only traveled 67 miles to get it. The salesman told me I called 2 hours after freight had dropped it off and it was not spoken for and they could beat 9k OTD and have it assembled by 11am. Granted I settled for a Grey one with blue wheels instead of a red one but I have been riding it for months and up to 2520 miles.

You don't have one, Get your phone book out, make a list, call. If they don't have one, they might the next time you call. Try small dealers and large ones. Leave your number at all of them. It could be your lucky day. Winter might be the best time to buy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Typical bate and switch!! Another local dealer posted a Liquid Graphite, I called and they stated none are available but I should come in and talk about it!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry to hear that. That's how I bought mine. It was up on Craigslist for two weeks before I called- the dealer was in Fresno, 110 miles away from where I live. I figured it would be gone or would have a deposit on it, but as luck would have it, it was in stock and availabe and they delivered it the next day. That was early December.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ride now Peoria has a black one with a dent in the tank from bad prep. Its super small and might make for a discount. The guy showed me the bike and I pointed out the dent.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts