Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have been in the market for a FZ-09 for a few weeks and a dealer has a new black FZ-09 for $7780 No dealer fees such as freight, prep, delivery or setup. They also have have a used black FZ-09 with 300 miles for $6980. Which one would you get?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Depends, do you really like the peace of mind that your the only person that has rode the bike or take a chance on a used one that someone has rev'd it high and popped a ton of wheelies on? If your financing it 1k will not make much difference in the payment.

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
First thing to do is find out when the used one was put into service.....I.e. when did the one year factory warranty start, which will tell you how much warranty is left on it. If it is still in factory warranty (most likely is), then you have the option of getting additional warranty. Maybe work out a deal where the dealer will either throw in a couple extra years for free or sell you the 4 year warranty for his cost. Also you need to find out if the bike has ever been wrecked or dropped and what was the damage?

Reactions: VERSYS8

·
Registered
349 Posts
In my area, the Dealer's are stuck on the 7995 for the graphite and won't budge in price at all.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Under msrp is a pretty good deal, their probably going to try and get you on the accessories or extras, ex: extended warranty, wheel/tire warranty, VIP service. You can buy a YES warranty off eBay for dirt cheap, and have it applied to your bike

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
^ +1. this is what i did... not really by choice initially, but I'm glad i went this route. Was able to put a hefty chunk of money to a lot of upgrades right off the bat.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Get both, that'll show em who's boss....unless of course you don't have the money. I'll shut up now. :indecisiveness:

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'd go with the new one :)
But then again, all my bikes I've ever bought have been new - it's not just the abuse factor, I'm very picky when it comes to maintenance, on a used bike, you take your chances.

·
Registered
74 Posts
get the new one...price difference is not that much and peace of mind knowing that its NEW.... But I didn't know these bikes came in Black color.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yeah, if this is a US bike, black is not a color. That would be the first red flag I would ask about. Get a VIN report. As others have said get in-service date. Then buy the new one…..:cool:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Is black a colour option anywhere?

I'd go for the used one and put the difference into the mods you know you're going to make.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Are you people kidding? 300 miles it's not even broken in... If it was tipped there would be obvious evidence; and even if it was tipped and there is no evidence, who the hell cares??? Like detroit11 said, 1000 bucks is 1000 bucks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts