Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from the south!
I picked up mine yesterday after a month wait.
My plans were to drive straight home, but I got side tracked to the tune of 125 miles!
Ha! Who wants to go home with a brand new FZ09 raring to go?
I got caught in the rain twice and still rode, not coming in till just about dark.

Just an old dude with a new bike here. I have owned a few dirt bikes as well as street bikes in the past. Still keeping the sportster. It will have company now. With only a day and a half, just got off of it, my impression is half dirt bike and half street bike. Kinda fun!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the 09.

Kind of my impressions as well, riding position feels like a dirt bike but has street tires with a 3 cylinder motor.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The red is what I got. The orange wasn't available till December, since that color was added after the initial launch.
Since I already have a red Arai, it worked out for the better!

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the best Damn FZ forum on the interwebs. Rapid Red is where it's at!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all for the welcomes.
I started to test the waters this afternoon.
OMG! A mode is phenominal!! My blood is still pumping from the first three gears!
I half wound it in 4th through 6th and it just pored it out, all so easy like. Everyone, including the dealer told me this, but it isn't the same as to experience it first hand. It will be 40f-ish in the morning, but I think I will venture out regardless of the cold.
Gentleman, start your engines!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts