Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2019 MT09, ‘20 R1, ‘10 ZX6R
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I’m new to the forum.
Bought a used MT09 last night. It’s a ‘19 in Yamaha Blue with only 753 miles on the clock. Paid 7k for it. It’s in showroom condition. I ride it home (140 miles) and the only gripe I have is that seat sucks, my ass was sliding around and couldn’t “plant” it into the seat.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Congrats! Plenty of seat options out there - but you can also get tank pads. They'll keep you planted in one spot as long as you're squeezing the tank with your legs. I recommend the TechSpec Snake Skins.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let us know what you think.
Welcome to the site!
How do you like that SC exhaust as far as tone and loudness? I’m researching exhaust and reflash options now for my bike. Any recommendations would be helpful. I run Akropovic on my other sport bikes and really like the way it looks on the MT.

·
Registered
598 Posts
How do you like that SC exhaust as far as tone and loudness? I’m researching exhaust and reflash options now for my bike. Any recommendations would be helpful. I run Akropovic on my other sport bikes and really like the way it looks on the MT.
I think it sounds excellent personally, but of course that's all a matter of taste.
Quality is outstanding and the fitment was perfect.
Currently, I'm running it w/o the baffle and think it's not too bad.

I have a woolich flash from David @vcyclenut and like it very much.
My bike is utilizing the race tools add-on with the auto blip quick shifter which completely changed the bike.
I ride around down feeling like a motoGP guy... :LOL:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think it sounds excellent personally, but of course that's all a matter of taste.
Quality is outstanding and the fitment was perfect.
Currently, I'm running it w/o the baffle and think it's not too bad.

I have a woolich flash from David @vcyclenut and like it very much.
My bike is utilizing the race tools add-on with the auto blip quick shifter which completely changed the bike.
I ride around down feeling a motoGP guy... :LOL:
Nice man !

·
Registered
116 Posts
If your problem is sliding into the tank, there's a cheap DIY fix to eliminate the downward slope: Unstaple the vinyl, add foam padding near the front of the seat base (especially where there's a rectangular hollow), restaple vinyl. Take your time and it'll look 100% professional.

Eventually I upgraded to the Yamaha comfort seat, for my wife's sake when she rides along. But the DIY fix is all most riders will need.

·
Registered
2017 Hi-Viz and Matte Grey MT-09
483 Posts
Took me a moment to understand the username, but now I see it, I can't unsee it. Hah. Welcome and enjoy the bike.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If your problem is sliding into the tank, there's a cheap DIY fix to eliminate the downward slope: Unstaple the vinyl, add foam padding near the front of the seat base (especially where there's a rectangular hollow), restaple vinyl. Take your time and it'll look 100% professional.

Eventually I upgraded to the Yamaha comfort seat, for my wife's sake when she rides along. But the DIY fix is all most riders will need.
Thanks man, I’ll do this mod and add tank grips until I receive the comfort seat.... Yamaha has them on back order untill the end of March.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts