Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Hmm. That's kinda of interesting. I wonder how much they'll charge for the extra plastic. I do wonder how effective that little fairing is. And the hand-guards are nice, though I doubt they have an aluminum spine in them (like I was planning to get)

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I dig the paint scheme, especially on the tank and front fender. It has a different seat and footrests, but basically I think it's only cosmetic changes. Same suspension our model has, doesn't have any more travel.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well, not for me either but I would like to see those hand guard and "flyscreen" in liquid graphite ...

Envoyé de mon GT-P5113 en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I like it. The front piece over the headlight looks too toyish, but the other stuff is good for me. I have handguards ready to mount.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I like it. The front piece over the headlight looks too toyish, but the other stuff is good for me. I have handguards ready to mount.
Hey, can you post pics when it's done? I was wanting to get some Bark busters with the aluminum spine (dad has them on his Versys and they help alot in winter)

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Hey, can you post pics when it's done? I was wanting to get some Bark busters with the aluminum spine (dad has them on his Versys and they help alot in winter)
I will if I ever get my bike. This is getting very discouraging. If it keeps up, I am going to switch to the 2014 Kawasaki Z1000.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I will if I ever get my bike. This is getting very discouraging. If it keeps up, I am going to switch to the 2014 Kawasaki Z1000.
Hang in there... totally worth waiting! I had the Z1000, CB1K and SF848 on my list... I jump on the FZ-09 instead. All I wanted out of a bike with plenty of juice on tap!

By the way, I'm not digging all the bling bling on the bike.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Doug, that new Z1000 weighs right at 1/4 ton!

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Doug, that new Z1000 weighs right at 1/4 ton!
I know, but I am getting pissed with Yamaha. THey sent my dealer a Graphite bike as a consolation prize. That only enrages me even more. Between the launch debacle and the availability of accessories, I am beginning to wonder what is next. Both of my WR250R's had faulty fuel pumps that gave out just after the warranty period. They offered no assistance. They are looking at two potential sales losses, and I will sell my wife's R6S in a heartbeat.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts