Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

New MT-09 SP Owner

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ver2cal 
#1 ·
Hi everyone.

I just bought a 2021 MT-09 SP that was still in the crate. It had been delivered to the dealer this afternoon. I will go back on Tuesday to pick it up. It replaces my 2020 Speed Triple that was totaled in May. I’ve been bike shopping ever since and put a deposit on an SP in June at 2 different dealers. I finally found this one today at a 3rd dealer.

So damn excited.

#4 · (Edited)
Back in the mid 80's Husqvarna was owned by Electrolux and they decided to sell Husky to Cagiva. Electrolux blew all of the existing inventory out. I bought a brand new 85 Husky CR 250 motocross bike for $1600 unassembled in the crate from some guy advertising them in Cycle News. A week later I was working at a used car dealer in Newark NJ and a trailer pulled up and dropped the crate off. I immediately stopped working, put on a set of coveralls and opened the crate and put the bike together. They only came partially assembled. No instructions or manual. My boss kept coming out and asking me if I knew what I was doing. Around 6 PM, I gassed it up and was riding up and down the sidewalks in Newark. If you didn't know, it was the inner city and nobody ever saw a 2 stroke motocross bike. Pretty funny reactions. The reason I posted this story is because I always get a warm fuzzy feeling when I see motorcycle in a crate.

BTW.....that's a nice looking bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.