Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, y'all. To make a long story short, I traded out of a Harley into a Triumph Street Triple R a month ago. About 18 hours later, I got rear-ended on it. The insurance company declared it a total loss. I took that as a sign (superstitious. gremlin bells and all), so I began looking at other naked bikes. I kept running across one opinion/review after another full of LOVE for the FZ-09. I figured that many people couldn't be wrong, so I went in for a test ride. It put a big grin on my face, so I rode home with one to call my own....... And no, it won't stay stock for long. I'm here to learn more about this amazing machine from those wiser than I.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
768 Posts
Welcome!
From another fall line 'niner.
-eddie in Columbus, Ga.

Reactions: Lee Drew

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is one seriously good looking bike.

~Don't forget to mark your approximate location on the Member Map.
Thanks! When I saw this one in the crate, the choice was clear.

I added my pin the map. It's good to know there are quite a few other members in this region.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Welcome. Great color choice too.:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car Congrats on the bike my friend! It is such an amazing piece of machinery and there are quite a few cool upgrades to make it look even better for relitively inexpensive. The first thing i did with mine is get rid of the that rediculous rear fender. I picked up this integrated LED tail light for about 100 bucks and it just makes the back end look so clean! Again congrats on the purchase and have a great time personalizing it...i know i did!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
that color is my favorite of the 2015 models. I hope you've recovered fully from your accident - what kind of mods are you thinking for the FZ?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Welcome to the MACHINE!!!
Bike is a gem! Worth every penny.
I'm even considering a move (to VA)...so I can ride it more!!! :cool:
Enjoy!!!

Reactions: ridetofish

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
that color is my favorite of the 2015 models. I hope you've recovered fully from your accident - what kind of mods are you thinking for the FZ?
My current plans are to start with an exhaust (leaning towards stainless Yoshi), flash (probably Vcyclenut), basic front and rear Stoltec suspension, and the Saddlemen gel Track CF seat

Then some smaller bits like a fender eliminator, tank grip pads, adjustable hand controls, fly-screen, and braided brake lines

Reactions: MoFZio
1 - 13 of 13 Posts