Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SAM_0530.jpg I found these mirrors for $24.94 and they are well worth the price. Feel very solid and heavy with all metal construction. They are made to go into the end of the bar but will not fit the FZ-09. I mounted them by using electrical self fusing tape on the stock bar ends. I'm sure other types of rubber wrap would work. Mine feel very solid and have not moved after several hundred miles. I think these mirrors are seconds because they have some very minor mostly tiny imperfections in the finish. I did not touch up mine. Two heavy mirrors for $24.94 is hard to beat. I saw an identical set at a local Harley dealer for $135 and they had the same tiny imperfections. I bought these mirrors to use temporarily but I like them so much they are staying on my bike. Best of all: They Work GREAT! Now, all I need is some stock mirror plugs. :color::cool::color:

Amazon.com: 2 x Popular Adjustable Heavy Duty Motorcycle Street Bike Bar End Mirrors Fit 7/8" For BMW Suzuki Yamaha Honda Kawasaki Buell Ducati: Automotive

SAM_0529.jpg View attachment 5542 SAM_0536.jpg SAM_0539.jpg SAM_0534.1.jpg

·
Registered
835 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Wow, those look really nice! So to mount them, you just clamped them on to the stock bar ends and put some electrical fuse tape between?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I bought same mirrors and put on stock bar ends. Used thin plastic shim provided with mirrors but had to tap them on with plastic hammer. (patience my son). Or, you could just sand shims down on sheet of sand paper to make them thinner. Work great, look good and price to boot. touched up scratches on finish with sharpie.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I had them before i got the crg's... They are nice but not convex so have to maneuver to see sometimes... And i mounted the same exact way.. After taking bike cover on and off they kinda slide around, and when you adjust it back it grinds at the tape and makes tape more noticeable... I really like the crg mirrors alot.. Too damn expensive though, i thought there was a mistake when i only got 1 in the mail... They dont even give you a set of 2 for that price.. Then i payed another 75$ on the rhinomoto mounts, which are amazing but also pricey for mounting hardware... Atleast i got 2 of those though.. Haha

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Wow, those look really nice! So to mount them, you just clamped them on to the stock bar ends and put some electrical fuse tape between?

Yep. It was easy. The tape I used is nothing like regular electrical tape and I'm confident they will not move around in time. Mine had rubber expansion plugs to mount with. There were no plastic shims.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts