Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gents and any ladies...I'm a new member out of UT. I currently own an FZ8 but am really wanting to replace it with the FZ-09. I'm a little torn whether to pull the trigger on a '14 or '15 or wait to see if the '16 may have ABS since I've heard that's going to be mandatory in Europe. My thinking is that maybe they'll offer it in the US...? Any thoughts?

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Welcome. The ABS may/may not appear in '16, But certainly a good thought if that's important to you. Another thought is to Also check out the pro's/cons of the FZ07 before jumping into the '09. Several threads here & several magazine reviews examine this ongoing debate -- Find what's Best for you. :cool:

The search bar top right is your best friend right now --- every topic you can probably think of has been debated here. Go for it.

Reactions: alnbama

·
Registered
1,644 Posts

At mark 3:18 pretty much sums up the difference between the two bikes. Haha.

Welcome to the club. If you get a good deal on a '14, then I'd go for that.

·
Registered
464 Posts
If your def going to buy an fz09 don't be torn between the 14/15 unless you want a specific color, there really is no difference beside the flash update. Like stayed above its not 100% positive that the 16 will have abs but if you want it you should wait and see (if you really want an fz09 still) but yes look into the fz07 as well just because it's a smaller bike doesn't mean it's any less of one. I came off a kawi er6n 650 which obviously had less power but I rode it hard and loved it until I dropped it, then it got ugly. And me being me I needed the next newest and hottest thing so I traded it in for an 09. Also like mention in another thread some peoples insurance has been increased because of the inexperienced people crashing the fz09. Do research and you will make the right choice! And welcome!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That video is perfect for my situation. I've been on the 8 for a year and that just convinced me even more that the 09 is the way to go for me. Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, I didn't make it out on Sunday...I took a nice cruise out past Saratoga Springs on Saturday though...

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Welcome to the site and good luck with your search.

I frequent a site called Kneesliders which is mostly about vintage bikes, but they have a very neat classified search page that alphabetically lists all brands on one page and ties each one back to ebay listings. Lately, I've been seeing some great prices on new FZ-09s, both 2014 and 2015. For example, one place in Johnson Creek, WI (near Madison) is selling 2015s at dealers cost at $7500. Not close to Utah, but a good site to check out. Note on that site that the more popular brands are grouped off on the lower right side and you'll see FZ under the Yamaha heading.

I agree with buying either year as well. My 2015 is now just as much a used bike as other owners 2014s and other than color, they're pretty much the same.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new FZ!

Reactions: Steve101
1 - 12 of 12 Posts