Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
I have just purchased a Red FZ 09, and now have 460 miles on it. This is my 59th motorcycle to date, it sits next to my ZRX 1200, Kawasaki Versys, and my Honda GL650 Silverwing Café Racer. I had traded in a 2008 Yamaha WR250X, on the FZ.

After having many Sport Bikes, Supermotards, Dualsports, and bikes that I Road Raced, and Drag Raced. It became obvious to me, that the bikes I enjoy the most, are of the "Hot Rod Standard" variety.

The power to weight ratio, and the cost, are what had drawn me to this bike..........the fact that I wanted a modern triple,
made the choice easy.

This looks like a great group, with a good cross section of talent, and background.

Ray

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ray and congrats on the new FZ. I've had 26 bikes over the years and I have to say, the FZ is probably one of the top 2 or 3 that I've owned from an "fun factor" perspective.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum Ray. Post photos of the GL650 Silverwing Café Racer please, and how much of the work did you do yourself?
I did all of the work myself, the bike is apart at this time, I am installing a Trail Tech speedometer / tachometer package in the near future.

Oh.........The bike has a CBR 929 front end on it, I am not really into the total "Vintage" look.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ray and congrats on the new FZ. I've had 26 bikes over the years and I have to say, the FZ is probably one of the top 2 or 3 that I've owned from an "fun factor" perspective.
Welcome Ray! Lots of information being posted on the forums, start reading and try not to get bit by the "mod" bug!

Pretty funny Triplethreat but the FZ09 is my 26th motorcycle also - what are the chances?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will be purchasing an Ermax 25 cm Flyscreen in dark tint.

At this time, I have made adjustments to the suspension, and dropped the air pressure in the tires, to 32F / 34R.

One of biggest improvements that I made, was raising the fork tubes in the triple clamps. The frontend is planted nicely
now,.....it transformed the bike.

·
Registered
337 Posts

At this time, I have made adjustments to the suspension, and dropped the air pressure in the tires, to 32F / 34R.

One of biggest improvements that I made, was raising the fork tubes in the triple clamps. The frontend is planted nicely
The mods never seem to end, I set a spending limit after selling my RSV4 since there was some spare money laying around. Already went through it all on parts and still need to get ECU and forks done, after that I know there will be an exhaust and fuel controller down the road.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Welcome

+1 for an increase in my NOOb status. I almost have a year of street riding! 3rd bike 2nd road bike.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts

I am sure you know a lot more than I do about these things, having said that... I do 30 front and rear. If you happen to have the dunlops, I've found that it allows them to hear up and provides a lot of grip in the turns and while braking. I'm around 200 geared up. Just an FYI of course, I don't like to presume I know much since you have had more motorcycles than years I've been alive.

Again, welcome To the forum we will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts