Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I had been wanting an 09 for some time now - been reading the forums for a few weeks.

Just picked up my new Gray FZ-09 last night.

As many of you know - they can be challenging to find - especially in Southern California. I called every dealer in Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties looking for a Gray one. I found about 4 available bikes - mostly all Red and Orange. I finally found a Gray one, but it was all of the way down in Fontana - which is a 2 hour drive for me.

I bought it at John Burr Cycles and I have to certainly say it was one of the best purchase processes in a long time. I called them - spoke with Hank on the phone, we agreed on an OTD price. I gave him my CC as a deposit and when I drove down there, the bike was out of the crate and built, ready to go (he even emailed me some pics of it getting uncrated). The deal was very fast and there was no extra costs or back and forth - just exchange the money, load it up - and go.

Very happy with the bike so far - and with Hank at John Burr Cycles.

Glad to be a member here (well except for my wallet - I already ordered the Graves Fender Eliminator.

Kirk

·
Registered
94 Posts
Welcome...great color choice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congrats and welcome! I am a future owner, still waiting on my bike to hit the docks! I had a hard time finding a Gray one after I decided I was set on this bike. This will be my FIRST new bike. I've had lots of bikes over the years and normally I have no problem with used bikes but with this being so new on the market I might as well buy a brand new one. What I really like about this bike is it takes a lot of great aspects of other bikes I've owned and put's it all into one tight package. I owned a DRZ 400 Super Moto but it was really slow in my opinion. I loved the upright seating position though (I'm a dirtbiker at heart, thats where I learned to ride), I loved my R1 because of the power, handling and brakes but didn't like the ergo's for daily use. I've owned 2 FZ1's and loved both but the looks didn't really do it for me and my 06 wasn't all that comfortable. I feel this bike gets EVERYTHING right. Looks are subjective but I like the way this bike looks with the tail tiddy or graves fender eleminator, I like that its a triple making it lighter and more narrow and I like the upright ergo's. I think ALL the other manufacturers should take notice (and Im sure due to sales they will) and CHEAP triples are about to make a BIG comeback (if they're paying attention that is). Anyway I CAN'T WAIT for my bike to get here and congratulations on your new ride!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys,

Just got back from a quick 50 mile spin out through the local canyons (decker, mulholland, rockstore, etc) and it was so much fun - had a huge grin the whole time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good for you I have one just have not picked it up yet maybe the weather will be better next week so you like it huh!!!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
bike looks great, you picked the fastest color! welcome and ride safe!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Congrats enjoy !!!! :)

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Welcome to the forum KirkB and Ghostrider209 and congrats on getting an FZ Kirk.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts