Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, had to join the fun. I've been riding for 36 years, the first ten being dirt only. Live just north of Toronto Ontario canada. I sold my 04 dl1000 vstrom last season, and am in the market for my first new bike this spring. I had been considering and fz1, then I went to the dealership. It all changed when I checked out the fz9. As soon as I sat on it I was home! That is the most dirtbike feeling street bike I have ever been on. I wound up test riding a 2014 with yamaha reflash, aftermarket headers and pipe, and a tail tidy. Left the dealer in std, around the corner, into a mode and wheelie on demand! So I'm back to the dealer and I'm done, sign me up!
Now I just can't wait for spring...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Hi everyone, had to join the fun. I've been riding for 36 years, the first ten being dirt only. Live just north of Toronto Ontario canada. I sold my 04 dl1000 vstrom last season, and am in the market for my first new bike this spring. I had been considering and fz1, then I went to the dealership. It all changed when I checked out the fz9. As soon as I sat on it I was home! That is the most dirtbike feeling street bike I have ever been on. I wound up test riding a 2014 with yamaha reflash, aftermarket headers and pipe, and a tail tidy. Left the dealer in std, around the corner, into a mode and wheelie on demand! So I'm back to the dealer and I'm done, sign me up!
Now I just can't wait for spring...

Welcome to the world of FZ09 -- Your going to Love it...!!!:D

What's this Spring you refer to...?:cool:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Welcome! Check out this forum to work on your wish list for parts and mods. I suggest the reflash and tweaking the suspension, but I also suggest you get some seat time and try the bike as it is. It will scream at you with the improvements you will need between the sheepish grins it will inspire.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hello there. Today December 26 leaving the 409 dropped out of fourth to third and wound out to about 10,000 rpm getting onto the 401.
So see you around in spring then and the bike show at the international center is next weekend.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Welcome to the forum Iceman and here's hoping for a very short winter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello there. Today December 26 leaving the 409 dropped out of fourth to third and wound out to about 10,000 rpm getting onto the 401.
So see you around in spring then and the bike show at the international center is next weekend.
You live in the Brampton Area? I got free winter storage at the dealer. Regretting it right now... You a member on GTAM?
Thanks for all the welcomes guys.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Reactions: 10001110101

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Welcome Iceman! It was a balmy 8 C and sunny Friday here on the East coast, but our weather window is closing... looks like today will be the last good day (mostly sunny, high of 5 C) for a while to come, so don't feel bad... spring will come soon enough! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pics of it sitting at the dealer.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419692533.684783.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419692563.013170.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419692581.225746.jpg
At least I can ride my dirtbike until spring :)

·
Registered
857 Posts
Are the flames paint or decal?, sets your bike off. Six days until I pick my bike up, the dealer is closed till next year. So there it sits. Probably freezing rain on Friday

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Hey your bike is on fire. Just thought you should know.

Reactions: ridetofish

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
That's what happens to the blazing orange bikes when the try to keep up with the smooth as silk liquid graphite crowd

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Are the flames paint or decal?, sets your bike off. Six days until I pick my bike up, the dealer is closed till next year. So there it sits. Probably freezing rain on Friday
Originally blazing orange, black laid over leaving the flames in blazing orange.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts