Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, I just picked up my new blazing orange FZ-09 from Central Maine Power Sports. I have previously owned a 79' KZ 1000, 89' Katana 1100, 83' V65 Magna, and just came off a 99' CBR 1100XX. After racking up only 75 miles I can honestly say this bike is THE most fun. I haven't taken it out of standard mode and it has impressed the heck out of me. The common issues that are talked about are tolerable for me at least for now. I think Yamaha really found something great with this engine. It has a ton of pull and the sound is really nice for a stock system. Anyway, thank you for having me on this forum and I look forward to learning more about this bike and racking up a lot more miles with a permanent grin. Cheers!! :)

013.jpg

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Welcome! The FZ-09 is a great bike and you got the right color!

I miss Maine. I grew up in Gardiner. Left in 86 when I joined the Army and stayed out west. Tried to move back in 94 but only stayed 6 months because I just couldn't find a decent paying job. But man, Maine is a great place with some tore up, but beautiful roads.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Welcome. Guess they didn't have the red? The orange does look cool, and it is second fastest.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Hello OrangeFZ.....and welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new bike. I've got a Red one myself, but I really do like the Orange one also, it's got a beautiful paint job on it. I also had a '99 BlackBird and sold it way back in 2005. Are you or were you ever on the CBR1100XX.org forum? I'm still on there, even though I haven't owned one in almost 9 years. I've made a lot of good friends over there and on that forum, I go by... "xrated", as in CBR1100 "XX".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello OrangeFZ.....and welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new bike. I've got a Red one myself, but I really do like the Orange one also, it's got a beautiful paint job on it. I also had a '99 BlackBird and sold it way back in 2005. Are you or were you ever on the CBR1100XX.org forum? I'm still on there, even though I haven't owned one in almost 9 years. I've made a lot of good friends over there and on that forum, I go by... "xrated", as in CBR1100 "XX".
Thanks, yeah the XX is still a great bike even by today's standards. I was never a member of that forum, but that is one bike I wish I had never sold.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts