Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, I've got a blurple FZ-09 on it's way to the dealership, should be here next week.

I rode in high school and college, my last bike was a '94 GSX-R750, I've been without a motorcycle for about 4 years and I can't tell you how excited I am to be getting back on the horse.

I went on a bunch of test rides last Saturday in the Seattle area, rode the new Ducati Monster 821, rode an 848 Evo, an MV Agusta F3, a Triumph Daytona 675 and lastly the FZ-09. I was not expecting to like the 09 at all, but a buddy of mine has a deposit down on the 07 and he really wanted to hear my opinion on something similar. I was blown away, what a glorious engine! combine that with the price and it was an easy choice.

I'm already putting a list of mods that I'm interested in together, and I'm a do-your-own maintenance guy, so I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions for you folks!

Anybody else in the greater Seattle area?

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Welcome. Glad you're joining us. Start scouting out your Mods.

Sorry about the Burple. Maybe they're getting a Red one soon too, lol :cool:

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Hi everybody, I've got a blurple FZ-09 on it's way to the dealership, should be here next week.

I rode in high school and college, my last bike was a '94 GSX-R750, I've been without a motorcycle for about 4 years and I can't tell you how excited I am to be getting back on the horse.

I went on a bunch of test rides last Saturday in the Seattle area, rode the new Ducati Monster 821, rode an 848 Evo, an MV Agusta F3, a Triumph Daytona 675 and lastly the FZ-09. I was not expecting to like the 09 at all, but a buddy of mine has a deposit down on the 07 and he really wanted to hear my opinion on something similar. I was blown away, what a glorious engine! combine that with the price and it was an easy choice.

I'm already putting a list of mods that I'm interested in together, and I'm a do-your-own maintenance guy, so I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions for you folks!

Anybody else in the greater Seattle area?

I'm impressed you choose the FZ over the New Ducati. I was looking at the new 821 last weekend but wasn't allowed to ride it....

Tons of 411 on this site for your list of Mods.

Was your Test Ride of the FZ a Red '09..??? The Red is the Fastest FZ and your bike may Not measure up.....food for thought:cool:

Reactions: ridethepiggy

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Welcome SB! That engine will get you every time... Blurple is ok.. I guess... if your only choice... ;)

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Aloha and welcome, you made a very wise choice in the Liquid Graphite, the fastest 09 of the three.
As an additional benefit-they actually increase exponentially in value daily-unlike the Red where the used ones are continually sold at a drastic price reduction.
Ride her safely...

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Aloha and welcome, you made a very wise choice in the slate gray, the fastest 09 of the three.
As an additional benefit-they actually increase exponentially in value daily-unlike the Red where the used ones are continually sold at a drastic price reduction.
Ride her safely...
Fixed that for ya, my friend

Knocking the Red here really shows a lack of class on your part. I'm both surprised and disappointed:cool:

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
You know how I like it when you talk colors to me....lol
Truth be told, "I'm Color Blind." I just really Lucked-Out buying the Fastest & Best Looking FZ :cool:

Sorry you didn't....

·
Registered
511 Posts
Welcome Superboots. Cool screen name. I'm surprised Steve didn't ask what color they are. He has a thing about red you know. I also have a " Blurple " FZ and I love it. Gonna be in Seattle next week for a wedding but alas I cannot bring the FZ. You will find a lot of talk about throttle response and suspension here. A reflash of the ecu should cure the throttle and the suspension can be fixed also. Mine is still bone stock as I have spent ( spending ) all my money on the aforementioned wedding. 2000 miles and no regrets. Wheelie on dudes!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome, im originally from lacey/olympia, wa myself, but i havent been there since i joined the service, im living and stationed down here in san diego now...have fun with this amazing machine especially the one youre about to have :)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Welcome to the Blurple club here in Puyallup.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Truth be told, "I'm Color Blind." I just really Lucked-Out buying the Fastest & Best Looking FZ :cool:

Sorry you didn't....
Being cast out by society at large as a pariah, due to an unfortunate color choice, is by no means what I would consider 'lucky'. I'm here if you need my shoulder, though...:p

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm impressed you choose the FZ over the New Ducati. I was looking at the new 821 last weekend but wasn't allowed to ride it....

Tons of 411 on this site for your list of Mods.

Was your Test Ride of the FZ a Red '09..??? The Red is the Fastest FZ and your bike may Not measure up.....food for thought:cool:
Thankfully I test rode an orange FZ so I never got spoiled by true power before I take ownership of my gutless new blurple machine :)

·
Registered
835 Posts
Welcome! I'm over in Spokane but I make visits on the west side here and there.

Reactions: Lane Splitter

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hood River, Oregon here
Bulldog, off the subject I was in Hood River Oregon last week with the family, and saw two FZ's fueling up along with a green bike. One rapid red and one blurple. My wife asked me if I wanted to go hug the bikes. I think it was last Tuesday was that you? We were headed out to lost Lake.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts