Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined up to learn a little more before pulling the trigger.

I had to sell my "perfect" all aroung bike (1st gen FZ1) a while back, and am thinking the FZ9 may measure up pretty close?

·
Super Moderator
5,752 Posts
Welcome brewsky, and if you get a chance to test ride one, be prepared to buy it.....it will surely impress you.

Reactions: Niner

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the encouragement, guys.

I'm not too worried about the performance from what I've read so far.

Wondering how much trouble it will be to turn into a mini tourer with a little comfort added.

Here's my last yammi:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Brewsky, welcome to our forum. I am working on making mine a split personality bike. With a quick change windshield and removable seat cowl replaced with a tail bag, I hope to take trips from time to time, but plan on using it as a play bike most of the time. The power is a rush, much like a liter bike, but the handling once firmed up is nothing short of exhilarating.

·
Registered
67 Posts
IMO the 09 is not in the same catagory as a first gen fz1. fz1 feels like it is a couple weight catagories higher.
More fun, faster at any speed under 100mph, more fun, much less comfortable, more fun, a little more than half the range, less mature, more fun.... Did I mention more fun?

My 09 is the replacement for my 1. If this is an only bike and you commute longer miles and do lots of highway The 1 prolly is a better bike. If I lived in WV I wouldn't give a poo poo and do 09 all the way!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like a pretty fair assessment, andmoon!

My commuting days are over, as are my >100 mph days. Wife's health has put an end to our 2 wheel travelling, so what is left are shorter, single day jaunts, and WV does have a bunch of fine twisties!

So, the 9 does sound very tempting........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts