Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy from Oregon here. Just picked it up last Friday with 0 miles on it. Got the quick break-in done by Saturday and put another 120 miles on it Sunday (up to 146 now). Then the weather hit again.

Have to say, I was a little nervous about a few things based on the research I did before buying (suspension, excessive heat on left side, twitchy throttle, etc.). I was almost having second thoughts about this bike because of some of the complaints out there. Having put a few miles on it already, I don't have a single issue with the bike that can't be resolved with a quick adjustment. I'm pretty new to street (put about 1000 miles on a borrowed Harley last summer) so I'm not exactly pushing this bike to its limits, but some of the reviews out there made this bike sound like a POS and that couldn't be further from the truth. Most of you probably already know that though.

Now, I didn't even ride an FZ-09 before buying mine. Honestly hadn't even seen one in person. Stupid, maybe, but I knew it was exactly the bike I was looking for and I couldn't have been more right. My other bike is a YZ450F so I feel right at home on the FZ.

Current plans:
Madstad windshield set (fly & touring)
Adaptiv TPX radar detector
Folcik integrated tail/turn
Custom license plate bracket
LED turns up front
LED headlight
Woodcraft frame sliders
Case protection

Looking forward to being a part of the forum.

-Blaine

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Where in Oregon are you? I have some close friends who live in Mcminnville.

·
Vendor
2,404 Posts
Welcome to the addiction.
You made the right choice with this bike and even the right color!

The list of upgrades looks good!
Keep the photos coming, we love seeing our beloved FZ's.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw the YZ in the garage and knew you would be right at home. Now you will have to make the wife park her Civic outside. Welcome.
Thanks for the welcome. I get a kick out of a lot of your posts around here.

Where in Oregon are you? I have some close friends who live in Mcminnville.
Eugene/Springfield area.

You made the right choice with this bike and even the right color!
Liquid graphite is the fastest too. Or so I hear.

The dog look like he's still trying to decide if he likes it. Glad you do.
Thanks. Good observation on the dog. She's probably thinking "crap, this means I'm going to have to stay home when Dad leaves now."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts