Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi FZ'ers. Been pondering a new bike for a few years now. Currently have a '03 R6 that acts as a double duty street/track bike. Would like to keep it for track only to alleviate the task of swapping body work over several times a season.

Originally I was sold on the FZ8 when it came out, test rode it and loved it. Now that the FZ09 came out, I'm glad I waited as it's even more appealing than the FZ8. More comfortable ergo for what I'm looking for.

Anyhoo, looking at mid-spring to pick one up.

Cheers,

Buck from Canada.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I read some people dislike the graphite with blue wheels.

After seeing one in person, I LOVE the graphite with blue wheels. That'll be the colour (or color for you folk south of the border!) I'll be scouring the dealers for.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum Buck. Yep, it's great to have a dedicated track bike, strip the street stuff etc.
Last few years I've done the suspension for track. Springs, racetech and traxxion cartridges, Penske triple clicker and for street riding it's rough.... albiet quite fun for our annual trip down to the Smokey Mountains in NC!!

Reactions: v2Bob

·
Registered
337 Posts
Welcome!

2003 R6 was and still is one of the best track bikes ever, some of the top local racers even prefer them over the newer generation model when setup correctly. My friend still has his that he purchased new and I sold my track only 2004 a couple years back, bullet proof bike that never let me down - was setup the same as yours with Penske and Traxxion frontend.

Unfortunately my days of track riding are done due to injury but over the 12 years I did it I enjoyed every minute!

Picking up my graphite tomorrow so I agree with you on the color choice :D

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
welcome, definitely made a good choice waiting!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome!

2003 R6 was and still is one of the best track bikes ever, some of the top local racers even prefer them over the newer generation model when setup correctly. My friend still has his that he purchased new and I sold my track only 2004 a couple years back, bullet proof bike that never let me down - was setup the same as yours with Penske and Traxxion frontend.

Unfortunately my days of track riding are done due to injury but over the 12 years I did it I enjoyed every minute!

Picking up my graphite tomorrow so I agree with you on the color choice :D
Looks like the 2nd gen R6's owners have same taste!!

Enjoy the new bike!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update: The bike arrived at the dealer today. We opened the box to check out the new ride!

Too bad their parkinglot is covered in snow :mad:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Welcome!

Hopefully that snow will clear soon!

·
Registered
232 Posts
welcome fellow Canadian your going to love it it is an awesome bike best all rounder IMO...

·
Registered
663 Posts
Hey Buck. As far as the color goes, I never cared for the photos of the blue wheels. When the dealer finally got one, I was surprised. It looks better in person. Having said that, I really like the red, although I could do without the stripe. Choices, choices. My favorite is the dark purple they have in Europe. They have choices on frame colors over there that North America doesn't get.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When the dealer opened up the box, it was like a ray of sunshine! :eek:

Reactions: RedRay
1 - 13 of 13 Posts