Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everyone! Just ordered a new liquid graphite FZ-09 on saturday and impatiently waiting for it to be delivered! I just ordered an Akrapovic exhaust which I was told is on backorder until late this month but I think its worth the wait. Anything else I should know about these bikes? This is my first new bike and am just wondering if there is anything I'll need for it? Looking forward to some good info on here. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
welcome from another Brian - also from Northern NJ (Randolph).

Where did you buy from? There are a few of us here from NJ - had 1 ride so far with another FZ guy - planning on a few group rides as the year goes on if you're interested.

There's a lot of modifications you can do to the bike - what's neccesary depends on your riding style and weight. Many are upgrading the suspension and flashing the ECU for smoother operation (check out Stoltec Moto).

Also check out the "Break In" thread to get some debate on what method you would like to use (either dealer recommended way or motoman break in method - this is what i used).

My advice would be to ride the bike for a bit then see what short falls you think it has and focus on upgrading those.

Welcome to the forum - it's a great one and hope to see you out on the road soon!

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new FZ. Lots of good info on this site....enjoy!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Congrats, another NJ guy here! As Beck pointed out the list of possible modifications grows each week, there are some that seem "mandatory" while others are personal preference.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Welcome aboard Brian. I'm sure we will connect for a group ride this season. Good looking exhaust you picked.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys! Once I get the vin #I will definitely post it up! This has been the slowest week ever, I bought the bike from motorcycle mall. I'm from montclair so not to far from some of you. I am definitely down for a group ride once I have the bike.

Welcome... a bunch of you stinky NJ guys here. :p
I'm up here in shitty CT.
I ordered the tail tidy today and right after I ordered it I saw that you make the integrated turn signals. May have to cancel the order!

Reactions: Niner and beck

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
picked up the bike this afternoon!! It's so much fun! I've only put about 40 miles on it but I'm loving it. The only concern I have with it is the suspension, it's a little soft. I'm going to be looking into some adjustable shocks tonight. My fender eliminator should be here tomorrow, the stock one is terrible!
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Alloy wheel Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle accessories Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Alloy wheel

Reactions: Niner and beck

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Plenty of suspension options, check out stoltec moto thread.

I'm also going to talk to Nate over at Washington cycle works on installation and pricing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Plenty of suspension options, check out stoltec moto thread.

I'm also going to talk to Nate over at Washington cycle works on installation and pricing. If you're interested, I'll let you know what I find out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tail tidy plus the integrated light looks killer. ;)
thats definitely what I want to do. what's the turn around time on it if i ship to you?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
picked up the bike this afternoon!! It's so much fun! I've only put about 40 miles on it but I'm loving it. The only concern I have with it is the suspension, it's a little soft. I'm going to be looking into some adjustable shocks tonight. My fender eliminator should be here tomorrow, the stock one is terrible!
View attachment 4335
is that a car license plate?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
temp tag

1 - 15 of 15 Posts