Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT09
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Nice to meet all of you. New member here. I bought my 2019 MT09 (used) last year in July. It had 1000 miles on it. I put another 3,500 miles on it last year. Love the bike. I am an older rider (49) and have been riding for a while. My first bike was the R6 back in the day.

Its sitting in my garage now with the battery tender. Before 2021 spring, I am looking to do a few more things to the bike. Any suggestions/comments are welcome.
  • M4 Full Exhaust
  • Corbin Seat
  • Bar End Mirrors

Enough talk. Here are some pics.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Welcome welcome!

Let us know what mods you end up going with.

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT09
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome!
Is that the Nelson Rigg seat bag?
Yes it is. They have three sizes and mine is what they call the "Sport touring". It's the middle size. They have a small one they call "compact or something similar" and they have a touring version which is bigger.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome. Im from CT but I ride out that way sometimes. I ride up to Bear Mountain then I burn down 9W and into Manhatten. Then back home through the city.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I am in Morris County, near Morristown.
Welcome! I immigrated to Hershey, PA but am from Somerset Area. North Jersey has a few good roads to offer.

My old man was in an unfortunate motorcycle accident over the summer and his Nelson Rig tail bag held up like a charm. He however was pretty banged up, but by the grace of God made it out alive.

Also, I see an MRA Racing Windscreen?! Not many folks have those, but love mine! We have to meet sometime for a ride.

Reactions: sunnykk

·
Registered
490 Posts
It's a funny coincidence, a few days ago I was telling my GF about when I used to play at the Stanhope House.
My band played a show at the Stanhope House back in 2012! I smashed my head on that air duct across the back of the stage and got tanked talking to the bartender about his GNX.

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
514 Posts
My band played a show at the Stanhope House back in 2012! I smashed my head on that air duct across the back of the stage and got tanked talking to the bartender about his GNX.
I had no idea you played in bands. What kind of music and what instrument? I played drums up until about 10 years ago. Rock n Roll until the mid 80's and then blues from mid 80s onward. Stopped performing around 2000 because of hearing damage and arthritis.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Sorry to threadjack OP. Yeah, I always wanted to be a rockstar as a kid, so I learned guitar and switched over to bass, it was easy to learn and everyone around needed a bass player. The band I toured with was called The Drive, we were a female led pop-rock band and we had an album recorded over in Boonton, NJ and were signed to an Indie label out of Panama City, Fl. It was a fun ride and I got to live my dream, it's a wild thing to sign autographs.

·
Vendor
2,359 Posts
Sorry to threadjack OP. Yeah, I always wanted to be a rockstar as a kid, so I learned guitar and switched over to bass, it was easy to learn and everyone around needed a bass player. The band I toured with was called The Drive, we were a female led pop-rock band and we had an album recorded over in Boonton, NJ and were signed to an Indie label out of Panama City, Fl. It was a fun ride and I got to live my dream, it's a wild thing to sign autographs.
Can you sign my titty? Asking for a friend...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts