Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I've been motorcycling for quite a while now and have owned many bikes, recently 2006 SV650, 2004 FZ1 and now I have a 2008 FZ1. I've ridden a FZ09 a few times at demo day events and love the motor as well as the light weight. I keep toying with the idea of selling my FZ1 as it's simply too much bike for what I need, 150rwhp and almost 500 pounds fully fueled. The resale value on the FZ1 is poor but I think I'm going to bite the bullet and try and sell it and get the FZ09 as it reminds me of my SV (which still is my favorite bike) but with much better performance. A dealer locally is selling brand new yellow 2015 FZ09's for 6999 which is very enticing. Will post up in the forum with what ends up happening. I look forward to browsing the wealth of information available here. Thanks.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Welcome and good luck with your decisions. I understand your dilemma as my last bike was a Ducati Multitrada 1200 S which was a fantastic touring bike; 150 hp and electronic everything. But it wasn't a great commuting bike which is what I primarily need a bike for - so off it went (with the proviso another will come back one day 'cause they're such an awesome bike!) and a near new MT 09 took its place. These are nimble, plenty of go and awesome value. First Yamaha I have owned (my 19th bike in total) and loving it more and more each time I ride it. Plus naked bikes are what motorcycling is all about - you and a bike and the road in front and not much in between... :) Cheers!

Reactions: RickyNY

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bumping this thread from a couple months ago. So I ended up buying a different bike in June as all of the FZ-09's I was interested in were sold at the dealerships (rightfully so). I sold the bike (Ninja 1000) as it was a heavy pig of a bike but had awesome power. Anyways, what a difference two months make as I'm picking up a 2015 Yellow FZ-09 for 800 less out the door than I would have paid in June. Will definitely post up pictures when I get it home! Should have it by this evening. Never been so excited about a bike before as I've never purchased one brand new.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Welcome to the forum Pandru, and congrats on the new FZ09........tell your wife, if your married, that you have a new "blonde" girlfriend! :cool:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum Pandru, and congrats on the new FZ09........tell your wife, if your married, that you have a new "blonde" girlfriend! :cool:
Haha, I'm sure she'll love that :laughing4:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Obligatory pictures...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
$8004.00 otd

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yup i got rippee the **** off
What did you pay? This was by far the lowest out the door for a 2015 here in MN, I was quoted up to 9200 OTD at some dealers. Some were asking retail, I paid 7399 prior to TTL etc.

·
Registered
38 Posts
What did you pay? This was by far the lowest out the door for a 2015 here in MN, I was quoted up to 9200 OTD at some dealers. Some were asking retail, I paid 7399 prior to TTL etc.
Wow! I would've thought that prices would be better considering the 16's are suppose to be hitting the showroom floors this month. Guess I have to wait until winter to pick up a leftover 15' closer to the $7K range OTD.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts