Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi I just recently acquired a 2014 FZ09. I'll post pics when I can. I'm from the Kitchener/Windsor area.

Ignore the mess. Lots of construction going on at the house.

·
Registered
115 Posts
welcome aboard. Did you buy it new or used? I got mine new in Guelph last week.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought mine as a demo in Oakville. Loving the bike so far. I love the added torque compared to the super sport 600's I've had in the past.

·
Registered
115 Posts
nice. If only now we could get some decent weather eh?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I mostly ride in Windsor where the weather is sometimes 10c warmer than Kitchener during the same day. Do you ever ride up towards Kitchener?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the warm welcomes. Now bring on some warm weather preferably without a massive amount of rain...

·
Registered
115 Posts
I mostly ride in Windsor where the weather is sometimes 10c warmer than Kitchener during the same day. Do you ever ride up towards Kitchener?
sometimes, but not very often. Orangeville is a great spot as a biker, I have some great roads all around me here. I usually tend to wander north, towards Meaford or Wasaga when I feel like going out cruising, but i head down around Waterloo a few times per summer.

Good to see you got the best colour.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Congrats on the new 09 and welcome to the forum. I have been out to the Hamilton / Ancaster area a few time, and I can't imagine riding in the heat and humidity on a hot summer day, yikes!!!

Enjoy the new ride, and hopefully it will be riding weather soon.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sometimes, but not very often. Orangeville is a great spot as a biker, I have some great roads all around me here. I usually tend to wander north, towards Meaford or Wasaga when I feel like going out cruising, but i head down around Waterloo a few times per summer.

Good to see you got the best colour.
I made sure I got the fastest colour. I believe the orange paint adds 10hp.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congrats on the new 09 and welcome to the forum. I have been out to the Hamilton / Ancaster area a few time, and I can't imagine riding in the heat and humidity on a hot summer day, yikes!!!

Let me know if you're ever back in this area Rocky.

·
Registered
115 Posts

you haven't lived til you've been stuck in traffic on the QEW in mid July, going 3 km/h and it's 38 deg with 98% humidity. I feel bad for you out in Calgary with those mountains blocking the nice view to the horizon off to the west.

Reactions: Bob_Defly

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
you haven't lived til you've been stuck in traffic on the QEW in mid July, going 3 km/h and it's 38 deg with 98% humidity. I feel bad for you out in Calgary with those mountains blocking the nice view to the horizon off to the west.
That's a great weight loss plan!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Agreed, and it's even more exciting here as you have to dodge the falling concrete from the Gardiner!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Welcome here. Nice fries at that diner as you ride into orangeville. Back when you had to horse track my uncle whistled Dixie after each race . Too many good times and a mean judge , those old stories. I did a test ride of the fj09 as a next possible bike at two wheels in Guelph last weekend. They are great people running that dealership. Have A great time with your new motorcycle.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts