Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all......I am a current 2007 FZ1 owner looking to make a change. I have decided I really don't need to do 80 mph in first gear anymore, so I am looking to downsize.

I have decided that the FZ9 hits the sweet spot for horse power on the street. I figure around 100 is just about right.

So I will probably lurk here for a long time. I am too cheap to buy these at the current prices. I plan to wait a year or two for good used ones to start showing up for around $5000.

If anyone wants to do a trade, let me know.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Welcome. You'll love the FZ9. I too had an FZ1 and all I can tell you is the 9 feels way lighter, dirt bike like, and feels just as fast. Don't wait...time is precious :)

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Welcome fellow Indianian ....do not know about the GenII FZ1 but I have a GenI and the only why I can describe the difference is the FZ1 you sit IN it and the FZ-09 you sit ON it... But what I can tell from only 122 miles I going to like it !! Where in Indiana do u live ?

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
4,412 Posts
All I can say is that I have a friend who is one of the most accomplished motorcyclists I've ever known and he has put 98,000 miles on
his first gen FZ1 from Arkansas to the Czech Republic.

He worked for awhile at Traxxion Dynamics during his college years and shipped his FZ1 to Europe while working overseas for a year.
After a 30 minute ride in the hills of north Georgia on my modified FZ09 he exclaimed, "Holy shit, this is nearly the perfect bike for
scratching in the twisties and it feels stronger than my FZ1 below 5K.". That coming from a guy that has owned a CRF450 motard,
a KTM 690 Duke, a FJ1200 and a few other bikes in his young life. I understand you not wanting to pay "full boat" for an 09, but as
has been said, time is precious.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Life is short......too short.

Reactions: MoFZio

·
Registered
654 Posts
welcome to the forum

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha, you guys are funny. I really want one soon also. I have two kids, one is a sophomore in high school...so I will be paying for college soon.

So cost is an issue. I will be lurking for a smokin deal, we'll see.

I mean its not like the FZ1 is no fun....but man the FZ9 looks like more fun........

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Welcome to the MACHINE... window-shopper!
Great bike!
Tons of fun!
Beastly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts