Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am a fairly new guy to the motorcycle scene. My first bike was an 06 GSXR600 and found it quite fun to play with, but had to part ways with it due to my then girlfriend wanting to get married. I went to the yammie dealership this year to take a look at an R6 when the guy suggested I take a look at the FZ09 for shits and giggles. I completely fell in love with the bike, and am planning on picking one up when this snow finally melts. I know nothing about bikes, and most definitely not mechanically inclined so if anyone has any how-to's and video tutorials I would love to watch them.

First plans realistically for the bike would be front and rear Watsen LED signal lights, Rizoma tail light, as well as getting a fender eliminator installed. Everything else looks extremely difficult as a newbie, so sticking to the basics for now.

If anyone else is in the Alberta area and wants to teach me, let me know!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right now I have a deposit on the Matte Silver, really like the contrast of colors on it.

·
Registered
654 Posts
welcome to the board

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You definitely won't regret the purchase :D, welcome from a fellow Albertan!
Where abouts in alberta are you located!? I hope not and thank you!

Welcome eh. This morning near toronto

View attachment 15213
Will it really end?
I work out of town in saskatchewan and I wanna say we probably got double that a couple of days ago, I am hoping everything at home melted by now.

I really hope it does man!

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Welcome. I agree. The silver and blurple is a great color combo.

Beautiful country up there, but you sure pay for it with your winters. Watch out for all the critters on the roads.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new Matte Silver 09. Hopefully this crazy weather will smarten up so we can all get out there and ride.

Here is a good list of Canadian suppliers for FZ-09 after market parts.

http://www.fz09.org/forum/51-prairies/5482-list-good-canadian-suppliers.html

Since our exchange rate is not the greatest right now, and it also saves you a few bucks of duty and brokerage fees.

There are also lots of youtube videos on "How To Do" lots of stuff on the FZ-09 or MT-09 out there, and if you can't find something, just ask away and I am sure someone will provide a like.

Congrats again and hopefully NO MORE SNOW!!!! lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome and congrats on the new Matte Silver 09. Hopefully this crazy weather will smarten up so we can all get out there and ride.

Here is a good list of Canadian suppliers for FZ-09 after market parts.

http://www.fz09.org/forum/51-prairies/5482-list-good-canadian-suppliers.html

Since our exchange rate is not the greatest right now, and it also saves you a few bucks of duty and brokerage fees.

There are also lots of youtube videos on "How To Do" lots of stuff on the FZ-09 or MT-09 out there, and if you can't find something, just ask away and I am sure someone will provide a like.

Congrats again and hopefully NO MORE SNOW!!!! lol
Thank you very much for the info. I definitely will have to google it all, sorry for sounding lazy!

I'm about ~30 minutes or so south of Edmonton, kind of between the city and Camrose
I plan on picking my bike up next month when I am back in town, so if you're ever in town, shoot me a PM if you are down to go for a cruise!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Welcome from the snow coast! (well, for this year anyway...) :) I might be able to go for a ride this weekend if I can get down the driveway in one piece! Hope you get your ride soon. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
No worries, I only mentioned it because there are now a lot of these "how to" videos popping up on youtube for the FZ-09 and FZ-07. Just a year ago there wasn't a lot of info out there.

Plus lazy is more like the guys on Kijiji or Craig List that post an add saying "I am looking for a motorcycle" in the motorcycles for sale section???? lol

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
The snubbing unit and crane at my last job said Edmonton, Alberta on their mud flaps.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I haven't posted since this topic. Due to a lot of issues with my current Chemical Plant over here in Canada, I have had to work the last 2 months straight. Its been hell for me, especially considering I still have not even picked up my FZ09 yet. On the plus side, I can pretty much buy the bike outright when I go home. :D

I did a quick search, and haven't found anything, but has anyone made a topic on must-have first modifications for your bikes? Like I said, completely new to the whole modification scene and want to do as much as I can to this bike. So far, thinking Rizoma tailight with fender eliminator. Rizoma tailights and head lights as well, but now I want to find a nice full set of frame sliders and what not. Have there been any posts of people posting must have mods?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts