Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings and salutations my fellow FZ-09 owners! Long time lurker, first time poster. Pre-ordered my FZ-09 back in August of 13, brought her home in October. This is my first motorcycle that I have ever owned/ridden. It took some getting used to, but I love everything about this bike. Since taking it home I've put a few goodies on it to improve the looks/performance. Looking forward to joining the forum discussions and taking the journey down the modification rabbit hole once again.

My precious:
IMG_0994.jpg IMG_0995.jpg

·
Registered
509 Posts
I'm another DFW long-time lurker - I've been a forum member for over a year, but just bought my new toy this past Friday! Welcome!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Congratulations! I have another one exactly that yours. Ride safe as the recommendations say up to 80% of your skills.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any decent bike meets near the university/highland park areas? I'm kind of new to the area all together...

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Welcome Rdgray. You said this is the first bike you've ever ridden? Man, that just ruined it for a lot of bikes out there...is like being super spoiled.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Welcome and congratulations. Fast, fun and beautiful first bike. Be careful out there and learn all you can about safety.

Then enjoy!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcoming! The FZ-09 was definitely not the easiest bike to learn on, but I'm taking it slow. I'm pretty sure I look like the michelin man with all the safety gear I wear. I found the bike to be much more ridable after adjusting the suspension, eliminating the seesaw effect when braking or accelerating. I would also prefer a stronger rear brake, which is on my list of future upgrades.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I would also prefer a stronger rear brake, which is on my list of future upgrades.
I agree the brakes can use some love, but what's wrong with the rear brake? Most of your stopping power comes from the front - if you have too much grab in the rear, you're just going to invite rear tire skid/slides. If you're going to spend money on brakes, I'd use it to get rid of some of the squishy brake feel for the front.

Cheers!

Reactions: River

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
That an M3 hiding in the back there?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree the brakes can use some love, but what's wrong with the rear brake? Most of your stopping power comes from the front - if you have too much grab in the rear, you're just going to invite rear tire skid/slides. If you're going to spend money on brakes, I'd use it to get rid of some of the squishy brake feel for the front.

Cheers!
Nothing is wrong with the rear brake really, it just feels a little mushy. Maybe its time to change out the fluid or something.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
654 Posts
Welcome to the forum,
Congrats on the bike,
Nothing wrong with wearing gear at all,
Try steel braided brake lines and better pads but as previously stated, the front is 85% of your stopping power

1 - 12 of 12 Posts