Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've been a lurker for a while now. I thought it would be a good time to go ahead and join the forum. 23 year old senior at The Ohio State University studying City and Regional Planning. The FZ was a little graduation gift to myself, I suppose, or at least that's my excuse. I've had my FZ-09 for about a month, and she's treated me wonderfully. I'm coming from a '99 ZX6R, and the seating position with the low end torque is exactly what I wanted.

Mods done: Graves Fender Eliminator with LED bolts. Love the way it looks, and bolts provide enough light with a clean look.

Unfortunately, my bike's in the shop now waiting on the backordered cam chain tensioner that a lot of people are also having problems with. But, I'm a patient guy and the weather here in Ohio hasn't quite been consistent enough to ride on a daily basis.

I attached a couple pictures from the day I got my beast. I've gathered a lot of valuable info from here, and I look forward to interacting with all of you fellow FZers.

Thanks!

Drew photo 2.jpg photo 1.jpg

·
Registered
835 Posts
Welcome and way to go choosing the right color!

·
Registered
835 Posts
T-Stark would be proud to ride this bike!

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Welcome Drew and congrats on the beautiful Rapid Red FZ.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Welcome dlaur14. There is a lot of wisdom to be found on this website. I'm fortunate to have access to this community and be a member. I love my FZ-09. Ride within your limitations and be safe!:cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome:
I'm over by Buckeye Lake
Also a Buckeye Alumni :)
Looks like the weather may start to be in our favor this weekend.

Cheers!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello dlaur14
I am in the process of installing a Graves Fender Eliminator and I have a question in regards the LED bolts if you could help me. Each LED bolt has 2 wires(red and black) but the original wires from the license plate light are on crimp connectors and one of the terminals has one black wire attached to the crimp connector but the other has 3 wires attached to the crimp connector. How did you connect the 2 wires (red and Black) of each LED bolt to the crimp connectors from the motorcycle? Have I made myself understood?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello dlaur14
I am in the process of installing a Graves Fender Eliminator and I have a question in regards the LED bolts if you could help me. Each LED bolt has 2 wires(red and black) but the original wires from the license plate light are on crimp connectors and one of the terminals has one black wire attached to the crimp connector but the other has 3 wires attached to the crimp connector. How did you connect the 2 wires (red and Black) of each LED bolt to the crimp connectors from the motorcycle? Have I made myself understood?
Hey there,

I picked up a couple male bullet connectors at my local hardware store. I attached a picture of what they look like. I then connected both black wires (from the LED bolts) to one connector and then both red wires to the another connector. Both bullet connectors then plug directly into the existing female ends for the stock plate light wiring. I would show some additional pictures but I'm not near my bike right now. I hope this helps.
image.jpg

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also, if you need to use crimp connectors instead, go for it. I'm not sure if any bikes are different but the stock wires on mine were connected with bullet connectors.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts