Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys my name is Ricky. It all started when I went to my dealer to buy a V twin cruiser. As I walk into the showroom she was the first thing I saw, and I just knew I had to have her. I'm the owner of a new 2015 fz-09 in yellow. I've been riding for 5 years and I coming from a GS500F, so is a big jump to the FZ but I'm going to take it very easy on it. Anyhow is good to be here, this forum has lot's of great info. Thank you.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Welcome, welcome. glad to add another to the masses, Enjoy. keep the rubber side down. and dont be shy to show that baby off.

·
Registered
115 Posts
welcome aboard! I bought Orange, but I really love the yellow. Have fun with it!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. We just swapped a Ninja 500R for the Fz-09. You might want to leave it in standard mode for a bit. :) Actually we recently moved away from the Buffalo area (Southtowns). The Fz will be a great bike for cruisiing Westen NY!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Welcome Ricky, I'm just down the lake from you so if you want to meet in the middle we can go for a ride some time.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for the welcome, this is a very nice community. I can't wait to pick up my Mechanized Banana (that's what I call her) and go ride but it's still in the 30's here in WNY.

Congrats on the new bike. We just swapped a Ninja 500R for the Fz-09. You might want to leave it in standard mode for a bit. :) Actually we recently moved away from the Buffalo area (Southtowns). The Fz will be a great bike for cruisiing Westen NY!
I know it was the cold that drove you away, I don't blame you.

Welcome Ricky, I'm just down the lake from you so if you want to meet in the middle we can go for a ride some time.
I rode my Suzuki to Jamestown all the time so I don't see a problem meeting you for a ride, that'll be nice.

Jem, how's the riding in Albany?

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Welcome Ricky and congratulations. Love the yellow FZ-09. Nice choice.

Buffalo is a beautiful location, but I couldn't deal with that much snow.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
276 Posts
I know it was the cold that drove you away, I don't blame you.
I only lived there during the summer months, I would spend the winters in FL, NJ, and CA. I actually grew weary of being pulled over by the Town of Hamburg Police Dept. I lived right on their border and every time I went somewhere I had to detour like 15 miles to avoid that damn town! Now I live full time in Southern California where everyone drives like me. I do miss the people there though, Buffalo's motto of "The city of good neighbors" is quite accurate. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts