Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning folks from Ireland. Just bought this beauty a few days ago. It's my first Yamaha. Usually ride Hondas but I've been away from bikes for a good few years and the brother had this MT09 for sale so one thing led to another.
Well happy with it so far. Only complaint is the seat is a bit flat and I keep sliding back on it.
Looking forward to putting big miles on it.
Justin
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome, nice bike. Look into the Yamaha Comfort seat. it is a good option for an upgrade if you dont want to spend the money on a corbin or one of the other third party seats. how long is your riding season in ireland?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ye I've been checking out a few options for the seat. I'm in no rush to buy one just yet.
You can pretty much ride all year round here. We only get the odd freeze and snowy conditions during the winter. Even during the summer you could get the odd shower of hailstones. Only thing really stopping you is not having the right clothing

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
Welcome Justin, it's nice to have someone representing the Emerald Isle join our little CP3 fraternity.
What town or county do you live in and what would a typical day ride be like for you? What I mean by that is are you able to hit some twisty roads close to home or just take leisurely ride down the coast for lunch.
As you know the first generation of 09s were pretty raw and I'm curious if you plan any modifications or upgrades. Many of us here are quite familiar with the quirks with the early bikes so if you have any questions just ask away.
By your introduction it seems that you are not new to forums so we will be looking forward to your visits here and please remember the three Ps-----pictures, pictures, pictures.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Shamrock. Plenty of twisty roads around here. I'm Iiving in a small village called Duleek in County Meath. I can be at the beach in 15 minutes or the mountains in a hour.
I dont know much about these mt09's and probably won't be doing any mods just yet.
Few jobs need doing around the house first. You know "happy wife happy life"

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looks good man, I love my 2014. When you get the chance definitely get it tuned, makes the bike way more responsive and smooth.

Do you happen to know what windscreen that is? I currently run a puig but looking for a little more protection

·
Registered
39 Posts
Morning folks from Ireland. Just bought this beauty a few days ago. It's my first Yamaha. Usually Kodi nox ride Hondas but I've been away from bikes for a good few years and the brother had this MT09 for sale so one thing led to another.
Well happy with it so far. Only complaint is the seat is a bit flat and I keep sliding back on it.
Looking forward to putting big miles on it.
Justin View attachment 172505
looks nice Welcome to the forum

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
Hi Shamrock. Plenty of twisty roads around here. I'm Iiving in a small village called Duleek in County Meath. I can be at the beach in 15 minutes or the mountains in a hour.
Well Justin I must say that you live in a wonderful small town. I just took a 35 minute video tour of Duleek and was impressed as was the narrator with its' history and cleanliness.

I do have a question though. I noticed in the photo of your bike---- are we to assume that somebody in your neighborhood goes around stealing chairs?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quick lap around Co. Meath this afternoon. Just took the one pic at the Hill of Slane

Hill of Slane
The Pagan Versus Patrick
St. Patrick has become synonymous with things Irish; from shamrocks to the shortage of snakes on this Isle, but there was a time when he was viewed as a foreign Christian missionary come to convert Ireland’s Celtic pagans. This he did with great symbolic flare. As the Druids celebrated their feast day on the Hill of Tara, Patrick prepared the Easter feast on the Hill of Slane. He lit his paschal fire at Slane, before the Druids could kindle their sacred fire at Tara. Seeing the flames at Slane, the Druids, warned Laegaire, the High King, that if Patrick’s fire was not put out immediately, it would burn forever in Ireland. The rest is history.
Home to 15th century Slane Abbey. St. Patrick lit his Pascal Fire on the Hill of Slane, in direct opposition to the pagan beliefs of the High King.

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Fuel tank
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Fuel tank

1 - 14 of 14 Posts