Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have good and bad news about joining the fz09 community. The good news is I will be picking up my matte grey 2015 on Wednesday. Bad news my color of choice was matte silver I was in love with the color my local dealer had 1 new in crate at his local warehouse. Put my deposit down so they got it assembled and headed to the store. I get a call that morning telling me they dropped my bike in the parking lot riding it to the showroom : ((((
They were willing to fix it but it bent the footpeg bracket and scratched the case and I'm one of those guys that just knowing that it had happened would eat me up inside. No one would dealer trade them another one do I had to settle for a matte grey. I'm happy I'm getting the bike just really upset as I had my heart set in silver with blur pile wheels. And I can't go somewhere else because no one around will touch there price 7860 otd!

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new FZ. I'm like you in that regard......I definitely would not want to start off with a brand new bike that has already been repaired. Bottom line though is that you are soon going to be the owner of a FZ09, probably the most fun bike I've ever owned.....it's number 26 for me. Hang on, life is about to get really fun and interesting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man looking forward to it. I'll report back after my first ride on we'd. I'll definitely be on the forums alot I mod everything I get so I'll be tinkering with the bike now and again. I have a 20th anniversary Gti and I mess with that a lot but I think it's about to get out on the back burner when I get my bike ; )
It's killing me waiting I missed a beautiful weekend down here in Louisiana because they dropped my bike. It really sucks it was sunny in the 60s yesterday beautiful. Oh well I'll definitely report back we'd night after I pick it up. It's gonna be a big change from the 250 I used to own some years back.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Thanks man looking forward to it. I'll report back after my first ride on we'd. I'll definitely be on the forums alot I mod everything I get so I'll be tinkering with the bike now and again. I have a 20th anniversary Gti and I mess with that a lot but I think it's about to get out on the back burner when I get my bike ; )
It's killing me waiting I missed a beautiful weekend down here in Louisiana because they dropped my bike. It really sucks it was sunny in the 60s yesterday beautiful. Oh well I'll definitely report back we'd night after I pick it up. It's gonna be a big change from the 250 I used to own some years back.
Use the Search Box, top right, to research any Mod you're considering -- Everything's been covered.....Just add to those threads and you'll make a friend for life in TT.:cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well more bad news guys unfortunately I won't be getting a fz09 some people will say I'm crazy but it was a sign from God he didn't want me to get a bike who knows maybe I would've got hurt. Like I said they dropped my first bike so I shook it off and waited for the 15 matte gray to arrive today to pick it up. Had tons of discrepancies with financing worked all that out signed papers. Bike ran fine when I arrived. It sat in the showroom for a hour or so until we finished up my salesman started it and rode it to the back to do a pre delivery inspection as they got it to my trailer the motor started knocking bad the manager said he couldn't let it go like that and I didn't want it . My wife was like 2 bikes in a row with problems gotta be a sign do we undid the deal and now I'm not getting a bike. I'm very very diss appointed but someone somewhere doesn't want me on a motorcycle maybe one day and it will be a fz. Until then you guys be safe and have fun a little extra fun for me ; )

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Wasn't $7860 out the door,....... was it? Might be a blessing in disguise. Maybe the next dealer will put oil in your bike before they sell it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts