Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I was the house bitch for a year and pretty much enjoyed it.
Sadly, when I suggested a new truck to Ms Shamrock she sent my lazy ass back to work.
It was kind of nice having the whole summer off to ride. Though I wish I knew how things would work out so I could have skipped all the worthless interviews in-between and had more time to ride, lol.

Great news, Muc!
Thanks, @Niner

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
I just became that a week ago !! Congrats Mark !!
Am I to assume you have graduat------ummm------retired?
If so please advise.

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
I've been retired since 2007 and really good at it from the git go!
Not only do you have time to play it frees up your day for chores and doctor appointments.
No matter what, it still beats going to work everyday, at least for me. I realize some folks just enjoy working so it's not for everyone.

George, I hope it works as well for you! Enjoy

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I've been retired since 2007 and really good at it from the git go!
Not only do you have time to play it frees up your day for chores and doctor appointments.
No matter what, it still beats going to work everyday, at least for me. I realize some folks just enjoy working so it's not for everyone.

George, I hope it works as well for you! Enjoy
Thank you sir ...

·
Registered
2017 Hi-Viz and Matte Grey MT-09
456 Posts
If I had stayed in the Marine Corps, I'd be less than 6 years away from retirement. I'd probably also be pretty salty about having stayed in so long. Instead I'm about 30 years from reaching the same level with the State.

Congrats on the retirement(s).

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
To all you younger guys------------not going to work and having the resources to do pretty much what want, when you want may sound great, and it is but think about the fact that it doesn't happen until you're a lot older.
Enjoy what you're doing now, you're only young once.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
I agree with the above.
What age gives you, all going well, is money to play with. But you just can't play some of the games anymore.
At least we boomers try to prove that wrong, sometimes to our cost.
70 is the new 50.

Reactions: Muc
21 - 32 of 32 Posts