Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I am looking to purchase an FZ-09 at the beginning of Summer. I have a question that i have not been able to fins an answer to. I am a big guy, like 265lbs (an dropping) big, will my weight be a huge factor for ride-ability? I might be around 240ish by the time I make my purchase. Thanks for any input on this.

This is looking to be my choice for a second bike. I currently have a Suzuki M50 that I have been riding for 6 years and I am ready to move on from the cruiser scene. Will be lurking on here trying to learn all I can to decide if this is the bike I want.

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
You will, with almost 100% certainty, need to upgrade the front and rear suspension in order to get the full benefit of the bike's handling ability.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've got ~500 miles on mine. I'm 200lbs no gear, 218lbs with. I agree that the bike is very soft. Figure $750. to $2K+ on a good/safe to excellent setup, and plan on 3-4 weeks lead time on the shock.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got ~500 miles on mine. I'm 200lbs no gear, 218lbs with. I agree that the bike is very soft. Figure $750. to $2K+ on a good/safe to excellent setup, and plan on 3-4 weeks lead time on the shock.
Is the suspension a complicated DIY project?

·
Registered
134 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts