Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Lurking for a few months, mainly to gather info and opinions. Hoping to contribute now. Have a gray 09, since 4th Jul weekend, with 5500ish miles on her. ECU flash, sonic springs, Penske 8900 shock plus some cosmetic/comfort bits and bobs. Riding for 30+ years. Not real savvy with contemporary "social media" (whatever the heck that is?) so posting may be....clumsy.

Temp above 40 Saturday afternoon. Anyone game?

·
Super Moderator
4,452 Posts
Welcome aboard.

Above 40?
It will be in the 50's here, but not good enough for me. I'm weak.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
My buddy and I go from Nashville down to West Baden about every Sunday ! Hit 135s to 58 to 446 to 150..great roads

·
Registered
852 Posts
I thought that said "Hooker"! Imagine my disappointment.

Where are my damn glasses.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Live a bit west of Atterbury. Spent a lot of time on those roads you mentioned abe57, though don't get down to West Baden that often. I suspect we've passed before. I also like the area between Madison and Rising Sun. Occasionally down to Tell City/ Corydon area if an extra day off shows up. Sunday usually my only riding day. Mid shift worker; need Saturday to adjust to normal sleep. I have some heated clothing to cheat on those cold days.

Well, time to turn in. Cheers!

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Welcome Barchetta and I think your social media skills are more than acceptable. Ride on!

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new FZ.......well, old FZ now, since you've had it since July! :cool:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Cool! Why are using Bachetta as your moniker? I own 2 Bachetta recumbents so I suspect we something in common.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
EdVR, Barchetta from the "Rush" song. Perfectly describes the impact a Sunday morning ride has on me. You know, a little of that dancing on a knifes edge. Well, when I was younger anyway.
Read briefly about a real Barchetta, Ferrari of some sort isn't it? Waaaay out of my disposable income range. If that's what you've got, good for you. Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I lived in Brownsburg for few years before I move to Florida. Never had the chance to enjoy bike riding while living there.

·
Registered
420 Posts
EdVR, Barchetta from the "Rush" song. Perfectly describes the impact a Sunday morning ride has on me. You know, a little of that dancing on a knifes edge. Well, when I was younger anyway.
Read briefly about a real Barchetta, Ferrari of some sort isn't it? Waaaay out of my disposable income range. If that's what you've got, good for you. Enjoy!
Oh - sorry. I missed the "R". I don't have a Ferrari, just a bicycle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts