Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well everyone just bought my first street bike. Got myself a new orange FZ-09 waiting for them to deliver it and finish up a few thing sod paperwork tomorrow or friday and I will have my first. I am incredibly excited!!! I am located up here in New England territory. I grew up riding motorcycles my entire life but was never allowed to own while I lived at home. I have had a chance to ride some street bikes which ultimately help me decide on the FZ-09. Really looking forward to my experience with this bike!!! I will post pics when I get ahold of the bike.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Congrats on your new 09! Ride safe and have fun, welcome to the boards!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Welcome Aboard and Congrats on Your New
blazing-saddles-100.jpg

·
Registered
184 Posts
Welcome!

I just joined yesterday. I got my FZ-09 about a month ago, and I love it. It's an awesome bike. I'm already modifying it.

You'll enjoy it.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Man that sucks. It will be like the night before xmas for you tonight. Congo-rats!!!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
So I have a question for my first tune up should I really take it back to my dealer for 160 or is it something I can do myself?

Also what are some good sites for mods for the bike? Not getting any power adders yet mostly visual stuff. I have been looking some and found a few sites but I like hearing opinions from the more experienced guys.

Also I really want to do the fender eliminator kit but I have been kinda confused on it all. It looks like it gets rid of the turn signals for the year? Am I looking at everything correctly? I definitely don't want to do that. I have seen some tail lights that are coming out that give the brakes and the turn signals all in one unit and would LOVE to do that and move the license plate to make it look much better. If you guys could shed some light for me that'd be great.

·
Registered
179 Posts
WELCOME! Let the mods begine...lol

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So I have a question for my first tune up should I really take it back to my dealer for 160 or is it something I can do myself?

Also what are some good sites for mods for the bike? Not getting any power adders yet mostly visual stuff. I have been looking some and found a few sites but I like hearing opinions from the more experienced guys.

Also I really want to do the fender eliminator kit but I have been kinda confused on it all. It looks like it gets rid of the turn signals for the year? Am I looking at everything correctly? I definitely don't want to do that. I have seen some tail lights that are coming out that give the brakes and the turn signals all in one unit and would LOVE to do that and move the license plate to make it look much better. If you guys could shed some light for me that'd be great.
anyone have any tips for me?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well guys I finally was able to put some miles on the bike and wow is this thing impressive. Love it already, sounds so good under acceleration to!!! It gets up and moves fast and I wasn't even pushing the bike that hard!

Already got some plans for the bike. I want to do the tune through stoltec(i think I spelled that right) I want the fender eliminator kit, gunna make my own bracket for the brake resevior, probably a rear seat cowl so I won't have any riders, and some other odds and ends. Eventually do a exhaust and suspension work once I get use to the bike.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts