Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wanted to say hello and introduce myself and my bike. My names mike I bought my fz back in February of this year wrecked from a dealer the guy before me looked like he had a slow speed low side with it so I scooped it up for a really good deal. Needed a gas tank right rear set was busted and the rad had a scuff on it. All and all I had it fixed for under 500 bucks found a brand new gas tank on ebay that really helped with that. From there the upgrades started. Got the bike right around the time my tax returns came in so needless to say those got spent pretty quick. Bought a full akrapovic carbon exhaust, Sent the ecu out to get re flashed when I had the tank off slapped in a k&n filter while the air box was exposed. Did some lighting upgrades with led bulbs in the front and a fender eliminator in the rear. I thought that was gonna be it for a while...then I rode the bike. After the first ride I knew the suspension was gonna be an issue for me and the brakes weren't up to par either. I knew going into that bike that those were noted issues so I Wasn't totally surprised, so sent the forks out to racetech to get revalved and sprung. Also sorced out a zx6r rear shock on ebay to take care of the rear. Looking at the front brakes I got a set of ebc hh pads to help with the stopping and a set of speigler brake lines custom made for an r6 front master I took off my track bike to fit on to the fz. I gotta say after the suspension and brakes were sorted out what a night and day difference it was. Of all the bikes I've owned I really am in love with this one.

I wanted to thank everyone on here i sourced a lot of info off here when preparing parts for the bike and figuring out what would work and be the best bang for the buck. So thanks to all ya guys!

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Welcome to the forum and glad to hear that it's been a good reference source for you and your project bike. You've got a very, very good looking FZ there.... Love the orange wheels too! Nice!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys....yea my buddy powder coats and suggested I do em orange and I was hesitant at first because I didn't want it to be too over the top or the orange not to match. ..but we found a pretty close match and I'm glad I did it totally changed the bike in a good way.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,450 Posts
Very, very nice. Great work and as much as it hurts me (because it's not mine) to say this...it's the best looking FZ I've laid eyes on.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
+1000 Sin that really is a great looking bike -I was just joking about the Home Depot decal- I bet is a real head turner. The only thing it needs is changing the color of the forks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys I appreciate it! Yea I really thought about anodizing the forks but didn't want the extra down time and didn't have have the extra cash at the time maybe someday. I did just pick up an ermax rear seat cowl I'm digging, really changes the profile of the tail.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on a great find. Very nice and very tastefully done.

Now, get out there and enjoy it!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts