Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed these Friday night.
Automotive tire Plant Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle

Please ignore the left grip.. ran into a problem.
I got the bars, the bar weight inserts, and a separate bracket to relocate the speedo and I have to say it feels great. Clutch cable has been a bitch to work with but I'm def going to replace the clutch and throttle cables at this point, they've been pains in the ass. What do you guys think? oh btw, who decided it was a good idea to make the clutch perch a C clamp instead of a u clamp...?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Barnett and Motion pro used to make custom cables

You can either give them the dimensions and send them photos or send them a sample and tell them how much longer or shorter you want them and they turn them around pretty quick

I'm sure there are other manufacturers I don't know if somebody like HEL only does brake lines same goes with Speigler, I have never bought cables from them

·
Administrator
3,019 Posts
Yeah, I made my own using Venhill. Good skill to learn as well.
Wasn’t too expensive either.
Font Screenshot Number Terrestrial plant Darkness

·
Registered
Batmobile
1,085 Posts
FJ09 cable is a little longer and without the metal bend, I have a Venhill cable I bought premade that works great with my clip ons. Definitely look into rearsets, even the cheaper lextek ones are pretty nice.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
View attachment 171639
oh cool, I might as well replace both of them at the same time, since I think both require removing the airbox yeah?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FJ09 cable is a little longer and without the metal bend, I have a Venhill cable I bought premade that works great with my clip ons. Definitely look into rearsets, even the cheaper lextek ones are pretty nice.
Which venhill did you buy? I assume it has to be about 2-3 inches shorter for the clip-ons/cafe bars?

·
Registered
Batmobile
1,085 Posts
I bought whatever ones they have listed for our bikes, it worked perfectly for the woodcrafts, but I also dremeled out the area in front of the key a little more on the gen 2 and routed it up there.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
View attachment 171639
If I get that braided one too, do I just grab black PVC to cover it for a cleaner look?

·
Administrator
3,019 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I installed the clutch and throttle cables, I got one and figured I might as well get the other since I have to take off the airbox.

H O L Y H E L L. The Throttle cable was a bitch to put in. It took three of us to get it in! But it's in now and according to Venhill it doesn't require lube so I hope it lasts at least 10 years lol. Clutch cable is very finnicky and on my Gen 1 it's way too short.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts