1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,444 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
what's funny in this picture is it looks like the rear shock is an ohlins lol

https://www.yamahapartsandaccessori...ame-covers?b=Street+Motorcycle&d=28&f=2014|44
I think the 2015 models have the yellow spring, don't they?

https://www.yamahapartsandaccessori...rake-lines?b=Street+Motorcycle&d=28&f=2014|44

Brake lines! More expensive and no color options, woo!

https://www.yamahapartsandaccessori...seat-cowls?b=Street+Motorcycle&d=28&f=2014|44

$265 rear cowl in Rapid Red!

Holy balls Yamaha.

·
Registered
221 Posts
aww, and I thought I was done buying moto parts for a little while.. New wishlist in the making. I know there are other options, but some things look good

·
Banned
739 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i like the carbon rear fender!!!
Me too! Not super big on the mesh, though. I've been doing some research and I think I'm going to try and make my own Carbon Fiber fender using the stock one as a mold. I'll let you guys know how it turns out!

·
Registered
385 Posts
I am going to buy yamaha stock, these guys are smart. Sell you a value bike at 8K, then let you customize it at retail. I think I am up to 15K! This is like an American Girl doll scam for grown men.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was super excited to see the fendor eliminator until I saw it was more expensive than a graves and won't come out until march of next year.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I was super excited to see the fendor eliminator until I saw it was more expensive than a graves and won't come out until march of next year.
Graves also has a new sprocket cover that cost less and looks better than GYTR's for both FZ-09 and FZ-07.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
[HR][/HR]Yes a lot of the new items are not available until March 2015, and some of the item prices are a bit high compared to good after market products that are already out there.

Plus you have to watch out for stuff that is so called Carbon Fibre, a lot of the time it is just plastic with a Carbon Fibre look to it.

I already installed a bunch of stuff from MoroStarz and found the quality was great. But I ordered them through the Canada website Motorcycle Helmets, Jackets, Riding Gear, Parts & Accessories - Vancouver, BC, Canada | Motostarz.ca which saved me the hassle of duty and brokerage fees to Canada. Plus they shipped it all for free.

Aftermarket Performance Parts and Accessories for Yamaha FZ-09 / MT-09 2013, 2014, 2015 | Motostarz USA | Motostarz.com

Here is the US prices
Evotech Performance Front Fork Sliders - $54.55
Evotech Performance Rear Axle Sliders - $54.55
SW-Motech Frame Slider Kit - $178.13
Evotech Performance Aluminium Radiator Guard - $108.24
R&G Racing Tail Tidy - $142.50
Rizoma Graphic Kit (Tank Pad) - $85.00

I have to say the SW-Motech Frame Slider Kit was easy to install and bullet proof. All the Evotech items are great quality. The R&G Tail Tidy kit fit perfect, but getting the stock turn signals installed was a pain in the a$$. Just the way the stock rubber turn signals install with an adapter washer setup took a bit of farting around to get to work. But they definitely won't move or fall out once they are installed.

·
Registered
343 Posts
The pricing for me is much better looking than aftermarket. I see a rear shock , not fz-09 but half the cost of aftermarket. The exhaust for r-6 , not fz-09 but half the cost of European aftermarket. Maybe they might get us something by making the fz-09 Dakar gyt-r .

·
Registered
343 Posts
It isn't gyt-r but thought worth mentioning. The mesh on carbon fiber rear is messed up. A sewing needle and some patience could have straightened it out, or they could have just used a perfect example. Zoom in to see the messed up mesh.

·
Banned
739 Posts
I think I'm going to get that cowl. I'll take a pic and post it next year, lol.

Harley has a 2 inch phone book of accessories you can later buy for their new bikes.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts