Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
So one day at work I seen a red bike sitting at a intersection. I was like what is that as it drove by; I was just able to catch a glimpse of the emblem. Yamaha ok. I thought to my self that's out of my price range. About a few months or so later hitting up craiglist looking for something I could comute back and forth on, I said let's check out that yamaha. I found the FZ 09 and a MSRP that I thought for a moment it was a typo. After all the reviews I seen the FZ 07 and everyone jumping on that bandwagon. I too was about to abandon the 09 due to all the negative reviews about the choppy throttle, and suspension. Then after great debate I said FZ09 thats the one I wanted and that's the one I'm getting. I feel if I went with the 07 I would regret it. Going to go get my bike this Thursday weather permitting. If the weather sucks I'm going to just get all the paperwork done and pick up another day. Spoke to the dealer and he made me aware some of his Fz09 and others he can't sell do to the recall. He didn't seem to sure what was going with them yet. However he has mine that's not a recall.

I have been on two wheels since I was about 10, obviously started in the dirt. First bike was a xr 75, then had other dirt bikes. Had a few street bikes. Currently have a 81 flhs that was given to me by my dad and will be my son's someday. This will be my first brand new bike.

Been looking at this forum for a while, just never felt like I was part of it till now.

I'm so geeked to see my bike I can't wait. I hope the weather nice on Thursday. I don't mind riding in the rain just not on my brand new monster of torque .

·
Registered
852 Posts
No matter how good you think it is...ITS BETTER! You're in for a great surprise. Welcome and enjoy!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Hello
So one day at work I seen a red bike sitting at a intersection. I was like what is that as it drove by; I was just able to catch a glimpse of the emblem. Yamaha ok. I thought to my self that's out of my price range. About a few months or so later hitting up craiglist looking for something I could comute back and forth on, I said let's check out that yamaha. I found the FZ 09 and a MSRP that I thought for a moment it was a typo. After all the reviews I seen the FZ 07 and everyone jumping on that bandwagon. I too was about to abandon the 09 due to all the negative reviews about the choppy throttle, and suspension. Then after great debate I said FZ09 thats the one I wanted and that's the one I'm getting. I feel if I went with the 07 I would regret it. Going to go get my bike this Thursday weather permitting. If the weather sucks I'm going to just get all the paperwork done and pick up another day. Spoke to the dealer and he made me aware some of his Fz09 and others he can't sell do to the recall. He didn't seem to sure what was going with them yet. However he has mine that's not a recall.

I have been on two wheels since I was about 10, obviously started in the dirt. First bike was a xr 75, then had other dirt bikes. Had a few street bikes. Currently have a 81 flhs that was given to me by my dad and will be my son's someday. This will be my first brand new bike.

Been looking at this forum for a while, just never felt like I was part of it till now.

I'm so geeked to see my bike I can't wait. I hope the weather nice on Thursday. I don't mind riding in the rain just not on my brand new monster of torque .
Were you in Brookline when the saw the FZ09?

Reactions: ybcheese

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome and congrats! It will be a blast to pick it up, ride, and mod your own; this was the first bike I bought new and was so jacked when it got delivered.

Reactions: ybcheese

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Welcome! It grabbed your attention as it drove by... it will do the same thing to you when you twist the throttle! ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was in the penhills/plum area, I'm like 99 % sure it was red however Iv been wrong before. This was still early in last years season. That's how long Iv been waiting for my fz09. I was about to pull the trigger at the end of the year on a 07, so happy I waited.

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Welcome to the site. You definitely have something to look forward to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The dealer was building my bike this afternoon the one they have on the floor is recalled. Got the Vin for the mine, It's a good way outside the range. I'm jus hoping I can get in after one storm and hotme before the afternoon rain.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Got it home, no rain it was perfect. Will upload a photo later, I can't get it to work.
You just got it home and now you can't get it to work? Bring it back!
Hahaha JK, congratulations! What color is it? I got the yellow one, picking it up Tue 4/14.

·
Registered
471 Posts
The FZ09 is the best commuter bike. Light weight, nimble, can easily go over curbs, power a plenty and easy on the back, wrists and neck. (unless you grab a hand full)
Watch out, this website is addictive, I used to read Clive Cussler, Grisham, Clancey, but now days I just read FZ09.org

1 - 14 of 14 Posts