Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys/girls,

Just wanted to stop in and say thanks for all of the info. I'm not an FZ owner yet, but I'm seriously considering giving up my Fireblade for one. So far I've gotten a lot out of the posts on suspension upgrades. Having only owned sportbikes, I don't want to give up the solid feel in the twisties.

Here's my current ride, but her days in my garage are numbered...

IMG_3073.jpg

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Aloha and welcome to the forum. My brother lives in Sandy Eggo as well. Prior to buying the FZ, I also only owned sportbikes-my pre FZ was an'04 R6 that I dearly loved, but got jacked in front of my house about 2 months ago. There's a bit bit of an adjustment, but with minor exceptions, I gotta say this is an awesome bike with a few fixable shortcomings. I couldn't justify spending nearly 13 grand(Hawaii pricing) for a new 600, and I know that within a few years I would no longer be as comfortable in the super sport riding position as I once was. As I'm sure you've read, the FZ is a torque monster-actually putting out more HP and more torque than my R6 did. Your 'Blade is a damn good looking bike, but you might like the FZ--IMO it's lighter, narrower and more flickable than my R6 was. As soon as the suspension is sorted out this thing will be just as much fun in the twisties, and you can't beat the price. Ride safe...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Welcome from Texas...I have a feeling the aftermarket will be very strong for this bike.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Welcome to the forum Greybush, and I think you'll love the FZ. I've been a sportbike guy for over 20 years and I am lovin' the FZ. I've still got a 600RR for my track only bike, but that's usually only 20 minutes at a time sessions.

Reactions: Greybush

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks folks. Glad to be here.

Aloha and welcome to the forum. My brother lives in Sandy Eggo as well. Prior to buying the FZ, I also only owned sportbikes-my pre FZ was an'04 R6 that I dearly loved, but got jacked in front of my house about 2 months ago. There's a bit bit of an adjustment, but with minor exceptions, I gotta say this is an awesome bike with a few fixable shortcomings. I couldn't justify spending nearly 13 grand(Hawaii pricing) for a new 600, and I know that within a few years I would no longer be as comfortable in the super sport riding position as I once was. As I'm sure you've read, the FZ is a torque monster-actually putting out more HP and more torque than my R6 did. Your 'Blade is a damn good looking bike, but you might like the FZ--IMO it's lighter, narrower and more flickable than my R6 was. As soon as the suspension is sorted out this thing will be just as much fun in the twisties, and you can't beat the price. Ride safe...
Yeah, I'm getting older (32) for enjoying the sportbike as much as I used to. I love it in the canyons, but hate it around town. The FZ seems like a good medium.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Thanks folks. Glad to be here.

Yeah, I'm getting older (32) for enjoying the sportbike as much as I used to. I love it in the canyons, but hate it around town. The FZ seems like a good medium.
Dude, I've got socks and underwear older than that! :cool:

Reactions: Greybush
1 - 7 of 7 Posts