Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to the group.
My name is Jay and I took delivery of a new orange Fz 09 yesterday. I have been on a 2009 Vstrom 650 for 5 years. Good bike, don't have a bad thing to say about it, just started to want something more....Have been looking at bikes for months. Actually looking at new adventure bikes all summer. Finally had time to get to the local dealer to check out the Super Tenere. Wow, BIG bike. After realizing that my life doesn't really allow multiday touring, and I never ventured off road, I decided to broaden my search to sportier bikes. My dealer had a pair of Fz 09s, red and orange. Took a seat on the orange beast. Wow, small bike (relatively), feels good. Next thing I know we are running numbers. " do you want to take it for a spin" he says. Yes, yes I would like to take it for a spin. Holy crap...All this talk of torgue and acceleration becomes a reality. What runs through my head, I will have this bike. A little back and forth with said dealer and I ride away with my new Yamaha. My 7 mile ride home becomes a 42 mile journey through the hills. I lurked on this forum for a few days to research the bike. Thanks for all the info. I am technically challenged and learned a lot here. Look forward to learning more and sharing when I can.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Welcome to (what you'll find to be) The Addiction. The FZ-09 is "more" than just another bike. Haha

You'll see:cool:

PS It may not be too late to order the 2014 Darkside FZ-09 Shirt - Look for the thread. You'll be spiritually complete once you're properly attired;)

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Hello Jay and welcome to the forum and congrats on the new FZ09. The torque and acceleration this bike has is sure to become an addiction.....be prepared!

Reactions: Steve101

·
Registered
5 Posts
Which dealer let you test ride a new bike? I've been to several dealers here in the Phoenix area and they don't even have the bikes equipped with batteries. Test rides are not allowed on new bikes for "insurance reason".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Which dealer let you test ride a new bike? I've been to several dealers here in the Phoenix area and they don't even have the bikes equipped with batteries. Test rides are not allowed on new bikes for "insurance reason".
I am in Prescott, Outdoor Sports is the dealer. Small local Yamaha only dealer, good guys. The test ride was offered as the negotiation was happening. The ride sealed the deal for me. I think they knew the test ride was all it would take.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. Love that torque. Met my wife and got married in Phoenix. Been looking at Prescott for retirement. Not just yet though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome. I, too, traded a 650 Strom for the FZ-09 - and like you noticed just a slight difference ;)

You won't regret the trade...

·
Registered
260 Posts
Greetings to the group.
My name is Jay and I took delivery of a new orange Fz 09 yesterday. I have been on a 2009 Vstrom 650 for 5 years...
Welcome Jay.
Got my orange FZ09 after spending almost 18 years with a red Suzuki Bandit 600. I too am enjoying the torque / hp (and the color).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts