Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, new here finally. My account got banned for a spam risk, but we finally got it cleared up.

I picked up a 2019 MT-09 in October and have been slowly upgrading it. So far I've installed ProTaper Carmichael bars, Renthal grips, ebay windscreen, ebay mirrors, Yamaha comfort seat & K-tech rear shock. I have a fender eliminator waiting to be put on when my 1st gen axle gets here, along with the TST integrated tail light and some front turn signals. Future plans are to get the front suspension sorted, braided brake lines, rear sets to finally get back to GP shift, exhaust and a flash.

Here's a couple past bikes.

Raced an R6 before the MT.

Had an RC-51 for a bit.

Raced an R1 before the R6 and it was on the street before that.

I had a CBR929, 2004 R1 and a 2001 CBR600 F4i was my first street bike.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
1,635 Posts
Welcome, fellow roadracer! Sounds like you know what you’re doing with your set up. Enjoy that MT...

·
Registered
432 Posts
There are a lotta giggles in that triple, even seeing the other rides you've had. I came from an '02 F4i, never imagined not having a 'proper' sportbike. Honestly don't miss it, the '09 is sooooo nimble!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Welcome aboard, cant wait to see what you end up doing! Some very nice bikes you've had!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all! I've had some experience with the FZ-09 when I worked at a Yamaha dealership. I'd take it out every time I had a test ride to go on, so I knew it would be my next street bike. I miss racing, but racing is expensive and I'm an instructor for the basic riding course with Total Control and wanted a street bike to keep my street riding skills up. I like that it's comfortable and can still head to the track if I wanted to get my fix.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It seems you dont need much assistance, your on track for many fun miles ahead.

You'll find our forum to be helpful in many ways. Enjoy the ride brother.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts