Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, wanted to introduce myself. New to FZ-09s but not to motorcycles. I've been riding street since 2006. Rode street bikes and a cruiser but never had a naked bike.
Drove down to Alabama to pick up a red 09, with only 700 miles. I plan on doing few cosmetic things to it along with an exhaust and a flash. Most important thing is, my wife enjoys riding on the back of it compared to an old Yamaha R1 which was a pain in the a$$ to ride 2 up. I stopped ridding on the street few years ago when I started doing track days and then ending up racing, but somehow I miss riding on beautiful north GA mtns on the weekends that we have right around the corner.

Here's a pic of the bike the day I picked it up.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hi 12v Dub - I am like you, I have the R1 (PITA for the ladies) and the FZ-09 is perfect for 2up. I just get nervous that I will collect to many bikes. I know you are going to love that Rapid Red. It is interesting to see so many Sportbike riders getting this Bike. :eek:nthego:

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Welcome 12v_dub......it seems like I know you from somewhere.....the name sounds familiar but I can't place it. I'm also on the ETR forum and I'm an Instructor with Sportbike Track Time. Have we met before somewhere sometime someplace!

I've had my Rapid Red since October and I love it. I even put it on the track at Road Atlanta last Nov. with STT, although it's not really my track bike.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Welcome 12v_dub......it seems like I know you from somewhere.....the name sounds familiar but I can't place it. I'm also on the ETR forum and I'm an Instructor with Sportbike Track Time. Have we met before somewhere sometime someplace!

I've had my Rapid Red since October and I love it. I even put it on the track at Road Atlanta last Nov. with STT, although it's not really my track bike.
Yes Vern. We met before @ Barber. I ran mostly STT last year, until I started WERA ;) the pic is from last tally with x-act

Jacob.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts